* Question about device tree block
       [not found]           ` <CA+CgW8dzVVm7h34mfnGtqq4BoRVsiMJgZsFDzuKvJTV-2JhmQA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-06-08 23:40             ` 조현권
From: 조현권 @ 2016-06-08 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi i have a question about device tree block area

In the function setup_mm xen copy original device tree block to the end of
xen heap space

Original device tree block area seems useless during domain0 creation but
xen discard it with kernel modules after dom0 memory allocation finished

Is there any special reason??

+) what is the job of kernel module?

* Re: Question about device tree block
@ 2016-06-09 13:02               ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2016-06-09 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 조현권, xen-devel, Stefano Stabellini

On 09/06/16 00:40, 조현권 wrote:
> Hi i have a question about device tree block area

Hello,

> In the function setup_mm xen copy original device tree block to the end
> of xen heap space
>
> Original device tree block area seems useless during domain0 creation
> but xen discard it with kernel modules after dom0 memory allocation finished
>
> Is there any special reason??

There is no specific reason. It is just easier to discard all the
modules in the same place. Note that we do the same for the XSM module too.

> +) what is the job of kernel module?

I am not sure to understand the question here.

Julien Grall