On 07.09.21 12:08, Jan Beulich wrote: > Decouple XEN_DOM0 from XEN_PV, converting some existing uses of XEN_DOM0 > to a new XEN_PV_DOM0. (I'm not convinced all are really / should really > be PV-specific, but for starters I've tried to be conservative.) > > For PVH Dom0 the hypervisor populates MADT with only x2APIC entries, so > without x2APIC support enabled in the kernel things aren't going to work > very well. (As opposed, DomU-s would only ever see LAPIC entries in MADT > as of now.) Note that this then requires PVH Dom0 to be 64-bit, as > X86_X2APIC depends on X86_64. > > In the course of this xen_running_on_version_or_later() needs to be > available more broadly. Move it from a PV-specific to a generic file, > considering that what it does isn't really PV-specific at all anyway. > > Note that xen/interface/version.h cannot be included on its own; in > enlighten.c, which uses SCHEDOP_* anyway, include xen/interface/sched.h > first to resolve the apparently sole missing type (xen_ulong_t). > > Signed-off-by: Jan Beulich Reviewed-by: Juergen Gross Juergen