* [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-05-27  9:04 Zhang, PengtaoX
From: Zhang, PengtaoX @ 2016-05-27  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xen-devel; +Cc: Wei Liu, Hao, Xudong, Xu, Quan

Bug detailed description:
----------------
while assign a vf to guest with vf's bdf number in guest configure file static,or use command :"xl pci-attach $domid $bdf" dynamic , affter guest boot up,win2008 guest can not get ip.

Environment :
----------------
HW: Skylake-S ,Boardwell-ep,Board-ex,Haswell-ep,Haswell-ex
NIC: Intel Corporation 82599 Ethernet Controller
Xen: Xen 4.7.0 RC3
Dom0: Linux 4.6.0

Reproduce steps:
----------------
1.boot up a win2008 guest with vf's bdf number in guest configure file(boot up a win2k8 guest then use :"xl pci-attach $domid $bdf" to guest).
2.check guest ip .

Current result:
----------------
Win2008 guest didn't have ip address .

Base error log:
----------------
Please check attachment .

Regards,
Pengtao

[-- Attachment #2: win2008.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 52949 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: configure file.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 358 bytes --]

builder = "hvm"
name = "vVTD_ASS_13_1435039196"
memory = 512
vcpus=2
disk = [ '/share/xvs/var/img.vmxVTD_ASS_13_1,qcow2,xvda,rw', '/share/xvs/var/img.vmxVTD_ASS_13_2,raw,xvdb,rw' ]
device_model_override = '/usr/local/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386'
device_model_version = 'qemu-xen'
sdl=0
vnc=1
stdvga=1
hap=1
acpi=1
pci = [ '03:10.1' ]
hpet=1

[-- Attachment #4: win2k8_xen4.7rc3_hsw_ep1_fail.log --]

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-05-27 10:39 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-05-27 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang, PengtaoX; +Cc: Xen-devel, Hao, Xudong, Wei Liu, Xu, Quan

Hello

Is this a regression? Does it work on previous versions of Xen?

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 09:04:47AM +0000, Zhang, PengtaoX wrote:
> Bug detailed description:
> ----------------
> while assign a vf to guest with vf's bdf number in guest configure file static,or use command :"xl pci-attach $domid $bdf" dynamic , affter guest boot up,win2008 guest can not get ip.

"xl -vvv pci-attch" can provide more insight.

From the screenshot I can see the VF does show up in the guest, so the
xl command probably runs fine.

(A side note, please be considerate to xen-devel subscribers who might
not have large bandwidth or an image viewer -- avoid sending pictures in
the future.)

Maybe have a look at xl dmesg to see if there is anything interesting
there?

Wei.

@ 2016-05-27 12:16   ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-05-27 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang; +Cc: Xen-devel, Xudong Hao, Quan Xu

>>> On 27.05.16 at 12:39, <wei.liu2@citrix.com> wrote:
> Is this a regression? Does it work on previous versions of Xen?

I think this is what was already reported by other Intel people,
see e.g. Quan's most recent reply:
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-05/msg01896.html
It is not clear where the problem is, and not seeing the issue
myself makes it hard to analyze. In any event this quite likely
is a regression.

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-05-27 13:34     ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-05-27 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: Xudong Hao, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang, Quan Xu, Xen-devel

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 06:16:30AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Is this a regression? Does it work on previous versions of Xen?
>
> I think this is what was already reported by other Intel people,
> see e.g. Quan's most recent reply:
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-05/msg01896.html
> It is not clear where the problem is, and not seeing the issue
> myself makes it hard to analyze. In any event this quite likely
> is a regression.

My reading of that email thread and all relevant links (including the
KVM bug report) is that there is a regression vf driver, but not in Xen.

There isn't enough evidence to rule out a bug in Xen, but over all  I'm
inclined to think this bug is not in Xen given all the things presented.

Wei.

@ 2016-05-27 14:06       ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-05-27 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu; +Cc: Xen-devel, Xudong Hao, PengtaoX Zhang, Quan Xu

>> > Is this a regression? Does it work on previous versions of Xen?
>>
>> I think this is what was already reported by other Intel people,
>> see e.g. Quan's most recent reply:
>> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-05/msg01896.html
>> It is not clear where the problem is, and not seeing the issue
>> myself makes it hard to analyze. In any event this quite likely
>> is a regression.
>>

> My reading of that email thread and all relevant links (including the
> KVM bug report) is that there is a regression vf driver, but not in Xen.

Just from reading that I would tend to agree. But the report here
is about Win2K8.

Jan

@ 2016-06-02  7:31         ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-02  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: Xen-devel, Hao, Xudong, Zhang, PengtaoX, Wei Liu

On May 27, 2016 10:06 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:

> >> I think this is what was already reported by other Intel people, see
> >> e.g. Quan's most recent reply:
> >> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-05/msg01896.
> >> html It is not clear where the problem is, and not seeing the issue
> >> myself makes it hard to analyze. In any event this quite likely is a
> >> regression.
> >>

> > My reading of that email thread and all relevant links (including the
> > KVM bug report) is that there is a regression vf driver, but not in Xen.
>
> Just from reading that I would tend to agree. But the report here is about
> Win2K8.

Jan,
Do you know which commit is a regression one? I try to find out the regression commit.  That may be helpful to find out the root cause.

Btw, some feedback from QA team, rhel 6.4 VM  doesn't work, but rhel 7.2 VM does.

@ 2016-06-02  9:03           ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-02  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quan Xu; +Cc: Xudong Hao, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang, Xen-devel

>> > My reading of that email thread and all relevant links (including the
>> > KVM bug report) is that there is a regression vf driver, but not in Xen.
>>
>> Just from reading that I would tend to agree. But the report here is about
>> Win2K8.
>
> Do you know which commit is a regression one? I try to find out the
> regression commit.  That may be helpful to find out the root cause.

Indeed. There was a lot of rework of MSI-X. Iirc one of your
colleagues had actually narrowed it down a while ago, but I can't
seem to find that mail right now. Nor did it really help understand
what's going wrong (or else we would likely have found a fix for it
already). My primary suspicion was that the interrupt doesn't get
enabled when it should, but the respective fix didn't help that
case (while it did help others). Hence my continued request for
someone being able to observe the problem to simply log guest
actions and what the hypervisor does for them (plus of course
provide all relevant debug information, like debug key output of
interest, for a guest in the broken state).

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-02 10:22           ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-06-02 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xu, Quan; +Cc: Xen-devel, Hao, Xudong, Zhang, PengtaoX, Jan Beulich, Wei Liu

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 07:31:06AM +0000, Xu, Quan wrote:

> > > My reading of that email thread and all relevant links (including the
> > > KVM bug report) is that there is a regression vf driver, but not in Xen.
> >
> > Just from reading that I would tend to agree. But the report here is about
> > Win2K8.
> >

> Jan,
> Do you know which commit is a regression one? I try to find out the regression commit.  That may be helpful to find out the root cause.
>
> Btw, some feedback from QA team, rhel 6.4 VM  doesn't work, but rhel 7.2 VM does.

Isn't this at least an indication that the guest could be buggy here?
It could also be both the hypervsior and guest have bugs. But we're just
not sure at this point.

Wei.

@ 2016-06-02 10:38             ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-02 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu, Quan Xu; +Cc: Xen-devel, Xudong Hao, PengtaoX Zhang

>>> On 02.06.16 at 12:22, <wei.liu2@citrix.com> wrote:

>> > Just from reading that I would tend to agree. But the report here is about
>> > Win2K8.
>>
>> Do you know which commit is a regression one? I try to find out the
> regression commit.  That may be helpful to find out the root cause.
>>
>> Btw, some feedback from QA team, rhel 6.4 VM  doesn't work, but rhel 7.2 VM does.
>
> Isn't this at least an indication that the guest could be buggy here?
> It could also be both the hypervsior and guest have bugs. But we're just
> not sure at this point.

Indeed, and (with the many fixes that went in already) I really
suspect a combination of both, or some of the involved hypervisor
changes having unmasked some guest issue. Regardless, I'm
afraid this ought to be treated as a blocker for the release at
least until we understand what the issue is. But otoh making it a
blocker probably makes sense only if we can expect progress
(which we haven't really made for quite long a time).

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-02 11:03               ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-06-02 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: Xudong Hao, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang, Quan Xu, Xen-devel

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 04:38:47AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:

> >> Do you know which commit is a regression one? I try to find out the
> > regression commit.  That may be helpful to find out the root cause.
> >>
> >> Btw, some feedback from QA team, rhel 6.4 VM  doesn't work, but rhel 7.2 VM does.
> >
> > Isn't this at least an indication that the guest could be buggy here?
> > It could also be both the hypervsior and guest have bugs. But we're just
> > not sure at this point.
>
> Indeed, and (with the many fixes that went in already) I really
> suspect a combination of both, or some of the involved hypervisor
> changes having unmasked some guest issue. Regardless, I'm
> afraid this ought to be treated as a blocker for the release at
> least until we understand what the issue is. But otoh making it a
> blocker probably makes sense only if we can expect progress
> (which we haven't really made for quite long a time).

This issue is on my list, but the information gathered so far isn't
convincing enough to make it a blocker.

And yes, we need meaningful progress to make it a blocker. To make it
so, commitment from various parties is needed. Let's start with setting
out things to look at, who is going to investigate what, and a possible
timeline for each item.

Jan, can you come up with a list of what sort of information you need?
And then maybe Quan and Pengtao can give an estimation on how long it
takes to gather all necessary information and move on to next stage.

Wei.

@ 2016-06-02 12:08                 ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-02 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu, Quan Xu; +Cc: Xen-devel, Xudong Hao, PengtaoX Zhang

>> > regression commit.  That may be helpful to find out the root cause.

> does.
>> >
>> > Isn't this at least an indication that the guest could be buggy here?
>> > It could also be both the hypervsior and guest have bugs. But we're just
>> > not sure at this point.
>>
>> Indeed, and (with the many fixes that went in already) I really
>> suspect a combination of both, or some of the involved hypervisor
>> changes having unmasked some guest issue. Regardless, I'm
>> afraid this ought to be treated as a blocker for the release at
>> least until we understand what the issue is. But otoh making it a
>> blocker probably makes sense only if we can expect progress
>> (which we haven't really made for quite long a time).
>>

> This issue is on my list, but the information gathered so far isn't
> convincing enough to make it a blocker.
>
> And yes, we need meaningful progress to make it a blocker. To make it
> so, commitment from various parties is needed. Let's start with setting
> out things to look at, who is going to investigate what, and a possible
> timeline for each item.
>
> Jan, can you come up with a list of what sort of information you need?

Well, I had hoped to avoid that. But now that you ask for it,
providing an initial debugging patch seems better than a
description which may get misunderstood. Attached both a
hypervisor and a qemu patch. Their plus debug key M and i
output is what I'd like to start with.

Jan

> And then maybe Quan and Pengtao can give an estimation on how long it
> takes to gather all necessary information and move on to next stage.
>
> Wei.
>
>> Jan

[-- Attachment #2: W2K8-MSI-X.patch --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2430 bytes --]

--- a/xen/arch/x86/hvm/vmsi.c
+++ b/xen/arch/x86/hvm/vmsi.c
@@ -276,6 +276,7 @@ static int msixtbl_write(struct vcpu *v,
     if ( !entry )
         goto out;
     nr_entry = (address - entry->gtable) / PCI_MSIX_ENTRY_SIZE;
+printk("%pv: write MSI-X#%u: [%lx]=%0*lx\n", v, nr_entry, address, (int)len * 2, val);//temp

     offset = address & (PCI_MSIX_ENTRY_SIZE - 1);
     if ( offset != PCI_MSIX_ENTRY_VECTOR_CTRL_OFFSET )
@@ -321,7 +322,17 @@ static int msixtbl_write(struct vcpu *v,

     ASSERT(msi_desc == desc->msi_desc);

+{//temp
+ bool_t h = msi_desc->msi_attrib.host_masked;
+ bool_t g = msi_desc->msi_attrib.guest_masked;
+ bool_t ha = entry->pdev->msix->host_maskall;
+ bool_t ga = entry->pdev->msix->guest_maskall;
     guest_mask_msi_irq(desc, !!(val & PCI_MSIX_VECTOR_BITMASK));
+ printk("%pv: MSI-X#%u %d(%d) / %d(%d) -> %d(%d) / %d(%d)\n",
+        v, nr_entry, h, ha, g, ga,
+        msi_desc->msi_attrib.host_masked, entry->pdev->msix->host_maskall,
+        msi_desc->msi_attrib.guest_masked, entry->pdev->msix->guest_maskall);
+}

 unlock:
     spin_unlock_irqrestore(&desc->lock, flags);
@@ -330,6 +341,7 @@ unlock:

 out:
     rcu_read_unlock(&msixtbl_rcu_lock);
+printk("%pv: write MSI-X [%lx] -> %d\n", v, address, r);//temp
     return r;
 }

--- a/xen/arch/x86/msi.c
+++ b/xen/arch/x86/msi.c
@@ -438,6 +438,10 @@ static bool_t msi_set_mask_bit(struct ir
             if ( likely(control & PCI_MSIX_FLAGS_ENABLE) )
                 break;

+if(pdev->info.is_virtfn) {//temp
+ printk("%04x:%02x:%02x.%o#%u: %d/%d >> %d/%d [%p]\n", seg, bus, slot, func, entry->msi_attrib.entry_nr,
+        entry->msi_attrib.host_masked, entry->msi_attrib.guest_masked, host, guest, __builtin_return_address(0));
+}
             entry->msi_attrib.host_masked = host;
             entry->msi_attrib.guest_masked = guest;

@@ -1305,6 +1309,11 @@ int pci_msi_conf_write_intercept(struct
             pdev->msix->guest_maskall = !!(*data & PCI_MSIX_FLAGS_MASKALL);
             if ( pdev->msix->host_maskall )
                 *data |= PCI_MSIX_FLAGS_MASKALL;
+if(pdev->info.is_virtfn) {//temp
+ printk("%04x:%02x:%02x.%o: ctrl -> %04x (d%d:%lx,d%d)\n", seg, bus, slot, func,
+        (uint16_t)*data, current->domain->domain_id, guest_cpu_user_regs()->eip,
+        pdev->domain ? pdev->domain->domain_id : -1);
+}

             return 1;
         }

[-- Attachment #3: W2K8-MSI-X-qemuu.patch --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2700 bytes --]

--- a/hw/xen/xen_pt.h
+++ b/hw/xen/xen_pt.h
@@ -10,6 +10,7 @@ void xen_pt_log(const PCIDevice *d, cons

 #define XEN_PT_ERR(d, _f, _a...) xen_pt_log(d, "%s: Error: "_f, __func__, ##_a)

+#define XEN_PT_LOGGING_ENABLED//temp
 #ifdef XEN_PT_LOGGING_ENABLED
 #  define XEN_PT_LOG(d, _f, _a...)  xen_pt_log(d, "%s: " _f, __func__, ##_a)
 #  define XEN_PT_WARN(d, _f, _a...) \
--- a/hw/xen/xen_pt_config_init.c
+++ b/hw/xen/xen_pt_config_init.c
@@ -1474,6 +1474,8 @@ static int xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write(Xen
     writable_mask = reg->emu_mask & ~reg->ro_mask & valid_mask;
     *data = XEN_PT_MERGE_VALUE(*val, *data, writable_mask);

+XEN_PT_LOG(&s->dev, "MSI-X ctrl %04x (%04x/%04x)\n",//temp
+           *val, *data, XEN_PT_MERGE_VALUE(*val, dev_value, throughable_mask));//temp
     /* create value for writing to I/O device register */
     *val = XEN_PT_MERGE_VALUE(*val, dev_value, throughable_mask);

@@ -2027,7 +2029,7 @@ int xen_pt_config_init(XenPCIPassthrough
                                                   reg_grp_offset,
                                                   &reg_grp_entry->size);
             if (rc < 0) {
-                XEN_PT_LOG(&s->dev, "Failed to initialize %d/%ld, type=0x%x, rc:%d\n",
+                XEN_PT_LOG(&s->dev, "Failed to initialize %d/%zd, type=0x%x, rc:%d\n",
                            i, ARRAY_SIZE(xen_pt_emu_reg_grps),
                            xen_pt_emu_reg_grps[i].grp_type, rc);
                 xen_pt_config_delete(s);
@@ -2044,7 +2046,7 @@ int xen_pt_config_init(XenPCIPassthrough
                     /* initialize capability register */
                     rc = xen_pt_config_reg_init(s, reg_grp_entry, regs);
                     if (rc < 0) {
-                        XEN_PT_LOG(&s->dev, "Failed to initialize %d/%ld reg 0x%x in grp_type=0x%x (%d/%ld), rc=%d\n",
+                        XEN_PT_LOG(&s->dev, "Failed to initialize %d/%zd reg 0x%x in grp_type=0x%x (%d/%zd), rc=%d\n",
                                    j, ARRAY_SIZE(xen_pt_emu_reg_grps[i].emu_regs),
                                    regs->offset, xen_pt_emu_reg_grps[i].grp_type,
                                    i, ARRAY_SIZE(xen_pt_emu_reg_grps), rc);
--- a/hw/xen/xen_pt_msi.c
+++ b/hw/xen/xen_pt_msi.c
@@ -444,6 +444,7 @@ static void pci_msix_write(void *opaque,
     entry = &msix->msix_entry[entry_nr];
     offset = addr % PCI_MSIX_ENTRY_SIZE;

+XEN_PT_LOG(&s->dev, "[%"PRIx64"]=%08"PRIx64" (%u,%x)\n", addr, val, entry_nr, offset);//temp
     if (offset != PCI_MSIX_ENTRY_VECTOR_CTRL) {
         if (get_entry_value(entry, offset) == val
             && entry->pirq != XEN_PT_UNASSIGNED_PIRQ) {

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-02 13:05                   ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-02 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Wei Liu; +Cc: Xen-devel, Hao, Xudong, Zhang, PengtaoX

On June 02, 2016 8:09 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:

> 05/msg01896.

> but not in Xen.

> > does.

> >> Indeed, and (with the many fixes that went in already) I really
> >> suspect a combination of both, or some of the involved hypervisor
> >> changes having unmasked some guest issue. Regardless, I'm afraid this
> >> ought to be treated as a blocker for the release at least until we
> >> understand what the issue is. But otoh making it a blocker probably
> >> makes sense only if we can expect progress (which we haven't really
> >> made for quite long a time).
> >>

> > This issue is on my list, but the information gathered so far isn't
> > convincing enough to make it a blocker.
> >
> > And yes, we need meaningful progress to make it a blocker. To make it
> > so, commitment from various parties is needed. Let's start with
> > setting out things to look at, who is going to investigate what, and a
> > possible timeline for each item.
> >
> > Jan, can you come up with a list of what sort of information you need?
>
> Well, I had hoped to avoid that. But now that you ask for it, providing an initial
> debugging patch seems better than a description which may get
> misunderstood. Attached both a hypervisor and a qemu patch. Their plus
> debug key M and i output is what I'd like to start with.

     I will try these 2 patches.

btw. I read the internal Bugzilla carefully. I found that vf is working for win2k8  at  '2014-12-01 14:32:09 EST', but the bug still exist on ' 2015-02-11 15:54:05 EST '.
then, I grepped the commit logs, the below 4 MSI-X related commits are may the root cause.

From 6fb3a07bc0ad656b5f76eb9fc961bcd1d3cace58 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:24:13 +0000
Subject: [PATCH 13/44] domctl: fix IRQ permission granting/revocation

From 1965728cd5a1635859158f5800d844fc16774668 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:29:33 -0500
Subject: [PATCH 42/44] Revert "dpci: add 'masked' as a gate for
 hvm_dirq_assist to process"

From 72f3c1e26e96686a41d2de1663e578538659f99a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:30:00 -0500
Subject: [PATCH 43/44] Revert "dpci: replace tasklet with softirq"

rom a8ac2290ed95dbbc0dc1bdde86fc3a49fe784b28 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:30:05 -0500
Subject: [PATCH 44/44] Revert "dpci: move from an hvm_irq_dpci (and struct
 domain) to an hvm_dirq_dpci model"

Quan

@ 2016-06-02 13:30                     ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-02 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu, Quan Xu; +Cc: Xen-devel, Xudong Hao, PengtaoX Zhang

>> 05/msg01896.

>> but not in Xen.

>> > does.

>> > This issue is on my list, but the information gathered so far isn't
>> > convincing enough to make it a blocker.
>> >
>> > And yes, we need meaningful progress to make it a blocker. To make it
>> > so, commitment from various parties is needed. Let's start with
>> > setting out things to look at, who is going to investigate what, and a
>> > possible timeline for each item.
>> >
>> > Jan, can you come up with a list of what sort of information you need?
>>
>> Well, I had hoped to avoid that. But now that you ask for it, providing an
> initial
>> debugging patch seems better than a description which may get
>> misunderstood. Attached both a hypervisor and a qemu patch. Their plus
>> debug key M and i output is what I'd like to start with.
>>

>      I will try these 2 patches.
>
> btw. I read the internal Bugzilla carefully. I found that vf is working for
> win2k8  at  '2014-12-01 14:32:09 EST', but the bug still exist on ' 2015-02-11
> 15:54:05 EST '.
> then, I grepped the commit logs, the below 4 MSI-X related commits are may
> the root cause.

DYM "vif is not working", or is the use of "still" wrong (or at least
misleading in this context)? Because if the two dates frame the
introduction of the bug, then it must be something completely
different from what I so far have been thinking of.

> From 6fb3a07bc0ad656b5f76eb9fc961bcd1d3cace58 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com>
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:24:13 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH 13/44] domctl: fix IRQ permission granting/revocation
>

> From 1965728cd5a1635859158f5800d844fc16774668 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:29:33 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH 42/44] Revert "dpci: add 'masked' as a gate for
>  hvm_dirq_assist to process"
>

> From 72f3c1e26e96686a41d2de1663e578538659f99a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:30:00 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH 43/44] Revert "dpci: replace tasklet with softirq"
>
> rom a8ac2290ed95dbbc0dc1bdde86fc3a49fe784b28 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:30:05 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH 44/44] Revert "dpci: move from an hvm_irq_dpci (and struct
>  domain) to an hvm_dirq_dpci model"

These all pre-date 4.5 - are you saying 4.5.0 (and note, I'm not
asking about 4.5.1 or newer) is also broken? In particular the
reverts above were done on the 4.5 release branch only, i.e.
didn't ever occur on staging (and hence a staging tree from
around that time should then be fine). Yet for understanding
when the issue got introduced we'd need a range of staging
commits.

All in all I'm afraid I'm now more confused than I was before.

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-02 14:02                       ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-02 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Wei Liu; +Cc: Xen-devel, Hao, Xudong, Zhang, PengtaoX

On June 02, 2016 9:30 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:

> >> 05/msg01896.

> >> but not in Xen.

> >> Well, I had hoped to avoid that. But now that you ask for it,
> >> providing an
> > initial
> >> debugging patch seems better than a description which may get
> >> misunderstood. Attached both a hypervisor and a qemu patch. Their
> >> plus debug key M and i output is what I'd like to start with.
> >>

> >      I will try these 2 patches.
> >
> > btw. I read the internal Bugzilla carefully. I found that vf is
> > working for
> > win2k8  at  '2014-12-01 14:32:09 EST', but the bug still exist on '
> > 2015-02-11
> > 15:54:05 EST '.
> > then, I grepped the commit logs, the below 4 MSI-X related commits are
> > may the root cause.
>
> DYM "vif is not working", or is the use of "still" wrong (or at least misleading in
> this context)? Because if the two dates frame the introduction of the bug,
> then it must be something completely different from what I so far have been
> thinking of.
>
> > From 6fb3a07bc0ad656b5f76eb9fc961bcd1d3cace58 Mon Sep 17
> 00:00:00 2001
> > From: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com>
> > Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:24:13 +0000
> > Subject: [PATCH 13/44] domctl: fix IRQ permission granting/revocation
> >

> > From 1965728cd5a1635859158f5800d844fc16774668 Mon Sep 17
> 00:00:00 2001
> > From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
> > Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:29:33 -0500
> > Subject: [PATCH 42/44] Revert "dpci: add 'masked' as a gate for
> > hvm_dirq_assist to process"
> >

> > From 72f3c1e26e96686a41d2de1663e578538659f99a Mon Sep 17
> 00:00:00 2001
> > From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
> > Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:30:00 -0500
> > Subject: [PATCH 43/44] Revert "dpci: replace tasklet with softirq"
> >
> > rom a8ac2290ed95dbbc0dc1bdde86fc3a49fe784b28 Mon Sep 17
> 00:00:00 2001
> > From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
> > Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:30:05 -0500
> > Subject: [PATCH 44/44] Revert "dpci: move from an hvm_irq_dpci (and
> > struct
> >  domain) to an hvm_dirq_dpci model"
>
> These all pre-date 4.5 - are you saying 4.5.0 (and note, I'm not asking about
> 4.5.1 or newer) is also broken? In particular the reverts above were done on
> the 4.5 release branch only, i.e.
> didn't ever occur on staging (and hence a staging tree from around that time
> should then be fine). Yet for understanding when the issue got introduced
> we'd need a range of staging commits.
>
> All in all I'm afraid I'm now more confused than I was before.

Sorry, this may be noise to you. Ignore them.

Quan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-07  5:52                   ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-07  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Hao, Xudong; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX

On June 02, 2016 8:09 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
> Attached both a hypervisor and a qemu patch. Their plus
> debug key M and i output is what I'd like to start with.

Applied these two patches, the attach files are logs.

-vf PT is working for SLES 12. The logs:
   qemu-dm-sles.log -- qemu log, vf PT for sles 12.
   xen-sles.log -- xen log, vf PT for sles 12.

-vf PT is not working for win2008: the logs:
   qemu-dm-win2k8.log -- qemu log, vf PT for win2008.
   xen-win2k8.log -- xen log, vf PT for win2008.

btw, when I updated the NIC driver for win2008,  actually, it is working.  Xudong, could you help me verify it again?

((
    xen commit: bbfd2d6ccb31a3aeea49c8f9c7884792ddc26e3b
    NIC: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection
     new win2k8 NIC driver ,https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18720/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2008-Final-Release?product=59679
))

qemu-dm-TestDom.log -- qemu log, pf PT for win2008.

... taken together, IMO, from qemu-dm-win2k8.log(also I have read xen/QEMU code), the win2k8 vf nic driver is not loading. (any idea, feel free to let me know. I will help you try as much as I can..).

Thoughts?

Quan

[-- Attachment #2: qemu-dm-sles.log --]

char device redirected to /dev/pts/13 (label serial0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: Assigning real physical device 0d:10.2 to devfn 0x20
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: 0000:0d:10.2 is a SR-IOV Virtual Function
[00:04.0] xen_pt_register_regions: IO region 0 registered (size=0x00004000 base_addr=0xd0a20000 type: 0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_register_regions: IO region 3 registered (size=0x00004000 base_addr=0xd0a00000 type: 0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x000e mismatch! Emulated=0x0080, host=0x0000, syncing to 0x0080.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x00a4 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x10008cc2, syncing to 0x8cc2.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: get MSI-X table BAR base 0xd0a00000
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: table_off = 0, total_entries = 3
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: mapping physical MSI-X table to 0x7fa44f20e000
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0072 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x0002, syncing to 0x0002.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: no pin interrupt
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: Real physical device 0d:10.2 registered successfully!
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl 0002 (0002/0002)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl 0002 (0002/0002)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [0]=fee00000 (0,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [4]=00000000 (0,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [8]=00004051 (0,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [10]=fee00000 (1,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [14]=00000000 (1,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [18]=00004061 (1,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [20]=fee00000 (2,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [24]=00000000 (2,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [28]=00004071 (2,8)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl c002 (c002/c002)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: enable MSI-X
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [c]=00000001 (0,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [1c]=00000001 (1,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [2c]=00000001 (2,c)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl 8002 (8002/8002)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 103 gvec 0x51 gflags 0 (entry: 0)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 102 gvec 0x61 gflags 0 (entry: 0x1)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 101 gvec 0x71 gflags 0 (entry: 0x2)

[-- Attachment #3: qemu-dm-TestDom.log --]

char device redirected to /dev/pts/13 (label serial0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: Assigning real physical device 0c:00.3 to devfn 0x20
[00:04.0] xen_pt_register_regions: IO region 0 registered (size=0x00020000 base_addr=0xd0900000 type: 0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_register_regions: IO region 2 registered (size=0x00000020 base_addr=0x00002000 type: 0x1)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_register_regions: IO region 3 registered (size=0x00004000 base_addr=0xd0980000 type: 0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0010 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0xd0900000, syncing to 0xd0900000.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0018 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x2001, syncing to 0x2001.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x001c mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0xd0980000, syncing to 0xd0980000.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0042 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0xc823, syncing to 0x0023.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0044 mismatch! Emulated=0x0008, host=0x2008, syncing to 0x2000.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0052 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x0180, syncing to 0x0080.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x00a4 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x10008cc2, syncing to 0x8cc2.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x00aa mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x0010, syncing to 0x0010.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x00b2 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x1042, syncing to 0x1042.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: get MSI-X table BAR base 0xd0980000
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: table_off = 0, total_entries = 10
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: mapping physical MSI-X table to 0x7fb7a0a64000
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0072 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x0009, syncing to 0x0009.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_pci_intx: intx=4
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: Real physical device 0c:00.3 registered successfully!
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl 0009 (0009/0009)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl 0009 (0009/0009)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [0]=fee01004 (0,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [4]=00000000 (0,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [8]=000048b0 (0,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [c]=00000000 (0,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [10]=fee01004 (1,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [14]=00000000 (1,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [18]=000048a0 (1,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [1c]=00000000 (1,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [20]=fee01004 (2,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [24]=00000000 (2,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [28]=00004890 (2,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [2c]=00000000 (2,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [30]=fee01004 (3,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [34]=00000000 (3,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [38]=00004880 (3,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [3c]=00000000 (3,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [40]=fee01004 (4,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [44]=00000000 (4,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [48]=00004870 (4,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [4c]=00000000 (4,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [50]=fee01004 (5,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [54]=00000000 (5,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [58]=00004860 (5,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [5c]=00000000 (5,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [60]=fee01004 (6,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [64]=00000000 (6,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [68]=00004892 (6,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [6c]=00000000 (6,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [70]=fee01004 (7,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [74]=00000000 (7,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [78]=00004882 (7,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [7c]=00000000 (7,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [80]=fee01004 (8,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [84]=00000000 (8,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [88]=00004872 (8,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [8c]=00000000 (8,c)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [90]=fee01004 (9,0)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [94]=00000000 (9,4)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [98]=00004862 (9,8)
[00:04.0] pci_msix_write: [9c]=00000000 (9,c)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl 8009 (8009/8009)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 103 gvec 0xb0 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 102 gvec 0xa0 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x1)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 101 gvec 0x90 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x2)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 100 gvec 0x80 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x3)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 99 gvec 0x70 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x4)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 98 gvec 0x60 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x5)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 97 gvec 0x92 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x6)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 96 gvec 0x82 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x7)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 95 gvec 0x72 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x8)
[00:04.0] msi_msix_update: Updating MSI-X with pirq 94 gvec 0x62 gflags 0x201 (entry: 0x9)
[...]

[-- Attachment #4: qemu-dm-win2k8.log --]

char device redirected to /dev/pts/13 (label serial0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: Assigning real physical device 0d:10.2 to devfn 0x20
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: 0000:0d:10.2 is a SR-IOV Virtual Function
[00:04.0] xen_pt_register_regions: IO region 0 registered (size=0x00004000 base_addr=0xd0a20000 type: 0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_register_regions: IO region 3 registered (size=0x00004000 base_addr=0xd0a00000 type: 0)
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x000e mismatch! Emulated=0x0080, host=0x0000, syncing to 0x0080.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x00a4 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x10008cc2, syncing to 0x8cc2.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: get MSI-X table BAR base 0xd0a00000
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: table_off = 0, total_entries = 3
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msix_init: mapping physical MSI-X table to 0x7f64e0076000
[00:04.0] xen_pt_config_reg_init: Offset 0x0072 mismatch! Emulated=0x0000, host=0x0002, syncing to 0x0002.
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: no pin interrupt
[00:04.0] xen_pt_initfn: Real physical device 0d:10.2 registered successfully!
[00:04.0] xen_pt_msixctrl_reg_write: MSI-X ctrl 0002 (0002/0002)
qemu: terminating on signal 1 from pid 3012

[-- Attachment #5: xen-sles.log --]

(XEN) [VT-D]d0:PCIe: unmap 0000:0d:10.2
(XEN) [VT-D]d2:PCIe: map 0000:0d:10.2
(XEN) 0000:0d:10.2: ctrl -> 0002 (d0:ffffffff815ff3f5,d2)
(XEN) 0000:0d:10.2: ctrl -> 0002 (d0:ffffffff815ff3f5,d2)
(XEN) 0000:0d:10.2: ctrl -> c002 (d0:ffffffff815ff3f5,d2)
(XEN) 0000:0d:10.2: ctrl -> 8002 (d0:ffffffff815ff3f5,d2)

[-- Attachment #6: xen-win2k8.log --]

(XEN) [VT-D]d0:PCIe: unmap 0000:0d:10.2
(XEN) [VT-D]d1:PCIe: map 0000:0d:10.2
(XEN) 0000:0d:10.2: ctrl -> 0002 (d0:ffffffff815ff3f5,d1)

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-07  6:07                     ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-07  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xu, Quan, Jan Beulich, Hao, Xudong; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX

On June 07, 2016 1:52 PM, Xu, Quan <quan.xu@intel.com> wrote:
> On June 02, 2016 8:09 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:

Sorry, this below part is about NIC PF pass-through for win2008..

> btw, when I updated the NIC driver for win2008,  actually, it is working.
> Xudong, could you help me verify it again?
>
> ((
>     xen commit: bbfd2d6ccb31a3aeea49c8f9c7884792ddc26e3b
>     NIC: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection
>      new win2k8 NIC
> driver ,https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18720/Network-
> Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2008-Final-Release?product=59679
> ))
>
> qemu-dm-TestDom.log -- qemu log, pf PT for win2008.

... :(:(

Quan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-07  7:43                       ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-07  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quan Xu, Xudong Hao; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang

>>> On 07.06.16 at 08:07, <quan.xu@intel.com> wrote:
> On June 07, 2016 1:52 PM, Xu, Quan <quan.xu@intel.com> wrote:
>> On June 02, 2016 8:09 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
>>

> Sorry, this below part is about NIC PF pass-through for win2008..
>
>> btw, when I updated the NIC driver for win2008,  actually, it is working.
>> Xudong, could you help me verify it again?
>>
>> ((
>>     xen commit: bbfd2d6ccb31a3aeea49c8f9c7884792ddc26e3b
>>     NIC: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection
>>      new win2k8 NIC
>> driver ,https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18720/Network-
>> Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2008-Final-Release?product=59679
>> ))
>>
>> qemu-dm-TestDom.log -- qemu log, pf PT for win2008.

Okay, but could you please make explicit what works and what
doesn't? I.e. do I take this to mean a passed through PF does
work (at least with the newer driver, maybe also with an older
one), while a passed through VF doesn't work (regardless of
driver version)? Especially with you (earlier) suspecting a driver
issue, precise information here is quite relevant.

Thanks, Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-07  7:49                     ` Jan Beulich
                                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-07  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quan Xu, Xudong Hao; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang

>>> On 07.06.16 at 07:52, <quan.xu@intel.com> wrote:
> -vf PT is not working for win2008: the logs:
>    qemu-dm-win2k8.log -- qemu log, vf PT for win2008.
>    xen-win2k8.log -- xen log, vf PT for win2008.

Hmm, that's very little output. In particular neither qemu nor Xen
see _any_ writes to the MSI-X table (without which interrupts
obviously can't get enabled for that device).

Albeit - even in the SLES case only qemu sees such writes, so I'll
have to check if I made a mistake with the debugging patch.

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-07  8:03                       ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-07  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Hao, Xudong; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX

On June 07, 2016 3:50 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
> > -vf PT is not working for win2008: the logs:
> >    qemu-dm-win2k8.log -- qemu log, vf PT for win2008.
> >    xen-win2k8.log -- xen log, vf PT for win2008.
>
> Hmm, that's very little output. In particular neither qemu nor Xen see _any_
> writes to the MSI-X table (without which interrupts obviously can't get
> enabled for that device).
>
> Albeit - even in the SLES case only qemu sees such writes, so I'll have to check
> if I made a mistake with the debugging patch.

I added more print-out when I debugged it.. I'll call Jianzhong, Chang for more information..
I __guess__ he makes vf work for win2008.

Quan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-07  8:08                       ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-07  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quan Xu, Xudong Hao; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang

>> -vf PT is not working for win2008: the logs:
>>    qemu-dm-win2k8.log -- qemu log, vf PT for win2008.
>>    xen-win2k8.log -- xen log, vf PT for win2008.
>
> Hmm, that's very little output. In particular neither qemu nor Xen
> see _any_ writes to the MSI-X table (without which interrupts
> obviously can't get enabled for that device).
>
> Albeit - even in the SLES case only qemu sees such writes, so I'll
> have to check if I made a mistake with the debugging patch.

With the exact same patches I do see MSI-X table writes logged
with both SLES 11 and SLES 12  guests. What's going on here?

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-07  8:19                         ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-07  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Hao, Xudong; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX

On June 07, 2016 4:09 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
> >> -vf PT is not working for win2008: the logs:
> >>    qemu-dm-win2k8.log -- qemu log, vf PT for win2008.
> >>    xen-win2k8.log -- xen log, vf PT for win2008.
> >
> > Hmm, that's very little output. In particular neither qemu nor Xen see
> > _any_ writes to the MSI-X table (without which interrupts obviously
> > can't get enabled for that device).
> >
> > Albeit - even in the SLES case only qemu sees such writes, so I'll
> > have to check if I made a mistake with the debugging patch.
>
> With the exact same patches I do see MSI-X table writes logged with both SLES
> 11 and SLES 12  guests. What's going on here?

The internet cable is not plugged in for that NIC.

Quan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-08  9:12                       ` Xu, Quan
From: Xu, Quan @ 2016-06-08  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Hao, Xudong; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX

> > -vf PT is not working for win2008: the logs:
> >    qemu-dm-win2k8.log -- qemu log, vf PT for win2008.
> >    xen-win2k8.log -- xen log, vf PT for win2008.
>
> Hmm, that's very little output. In particular neither qemu nor Xen see _any_
> writes to the MSI-X table (without which interrupts obviously can't get
> enabled for that device).
>
> Albeit - even in the SLES case only qemu sees such writes, so I'll have to check
> if I made a mistake with the debugging patch.

Jan,  do you have any other suggestions on how could I dig into this issue?

Quan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2016-06-08  9:25                         ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-06-08  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quan Xu, Xudong Hao; +Cc: Xen-devel, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang

>> > -vf PT is not working for win2008: the logs:
>> >    qemu-dm-win2k8.log -- qemu log, vf PT for win2008.
>> >    xen-win2k8.log -- xen log, vf PT for win2008.
>>
>> Hmm, that's very little output. In particular neither qemu nor Xen see _any_
>> writes to the MSI-X table (without which interrupts obviously can't get
>> enabled for that device).
>>
>> Albeit - even in the SLES case only qemu sees such writes, so I'll have to
> check
>> if I made a mistake with the debugging patch.
>>

> Jan,  do you have any other suggestions on how could I dig into this issue?

Well - first of all, provide a log with the cable plugged in.

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-10-27  7:27                         ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-10-27  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Quan Xu
  Cc: Lars Kurth, sstabellini, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX, Kang, Luwei,
	Julien Grall, Anthony PERARD, Xen-devel

This bug exist much long time, there are many discussion last year but not a solution then. I call out it now because there is a fix in qemu upstream:
commit a8036336609d2e184fc3543a4c439c0ba7d7f3a2
Author: Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@citrix.com>
Date:   Thu Aug 24 16:07:03 2017 +0100

    xen/pt: allow QEMU to request MSI unmasking at bind time

The fix is not in qemu-xen tree yet, when will qemu-xen sync this fix? Is it possible to catch Xen 4.10's qemu-xen?

BTW, mail report bug is direct but not easy to track, I took much time to search this BUG report mail. @Lars, is there plan to introduce any bug system for Xen?

Thanks,
-Xudong

@ 2017-10-27  8:37                           ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2017-10-27  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Anthony PERARD, Xudong Hao, sstabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, PengtaoX Zhang, Xen-devel, Luwei Kang

>>> On 27.10.17 at 09:27, <xudong.hao@intel.com> wrote:
> This bug exist much long time, there are many discussion last year but not a
> solution then. I call out it now because there is a fix in qemu upstream:
> commit a8036336609d2e184fc3543a4c439c0ba7d7f3a2
> Author: Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@citrix.com>
> Date:   Thu Aug 24 16:07:03 2017 +0100
>
>     xen/pt: allow QEMU to request MSI unmasking at bind time
>
> The fix is not in qemu-xen tree yet, when will qemu-xen sync this fix? Is it
> possible to catch Xen 4.10's qemu-xen?

Well, the question shouldn't have been directed at Quan or me -
at this point it would need to be sorted out between the qemu
maintainers (Stefano and Anthony) and the release manager
(Julien).

Jan

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-10-27  8:58                             ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-10-27  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, Julien Grall, Anthony PERARD, sstabellini
> > This bug exist much long time, there are many discussion last year but
> > not a solution then. I call out it now because there is a fix in qemu upstream:
> > commit a8036336609d2e184fc3543a4c439c0ba7d7f3a2
> > Author: Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@citrix.com>
> > Date:   Thu Aug 24 16:07:03 2017 +0100
> >
> >     xen/pt: allow QEMU to request MSI unmasking at bind time
> >
> > The fix is not in qemu-xen tree yet, when will qemu-xen sync this fix?
> > Is it possible to catch Xen 4.10's qemu-xen?
>
> Well, the question shouldn't have been directed at Quan or me - at this point it
> would need to be sorted out between the qemu maintainers (Stefano and
> Anthony) and the release manager (Julien).

Yes, Thanks to point out it. I just replied this mail (default is you two), and CC the two qemu maintainers and Julien.

Thanks,
-Xudong

@ 2017-10-27 10:41                           ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-10-27 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hao, Xudong, Jan Beulich, Quan Xu
  Cc: Lars Kurth, sstabellini, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX, Julien Grall,
	Xen-devel, Anthony PERARD, Kang, Luwei

Hi,

On 27/10/17 08:27, Hao, Xudong wrote:
> This bug exist much long time, there are many discussion last year but not a solution then. I call out it now because there is a fix in qemu upstream:
> commit a8036336609d2e184fc3543a4c439c0ba7d7f3a2
> Author: Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@citrix.com>
> Date:   Thu Aug 24 16:07:03 2017 +0100
>
>      xen/pt: allow QEMU to request MSI unmasking at bind time
>
> The fix is not in qemu-xen tree yet, when will qemu-xen sync this fix? Is it possible to catch Xen 4.10's qemu-xen?

I will let Stefano and Anthony providing feedback before giving a
release-ack here.

> BTW, mail report bug is direct but not easy to track, I took much time to search this BUG report mail. @Lars, is there plan to introduce any bug system for Xen?

We recently introduced Jira ([1]) to track features and bugs.

[1] https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-10-27 20:16                             ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2017-10-27 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX, Hao, Xudong,
	Julien Grall, sstabellini, Jan Beulich, Xen-devel,
	Anthony PERARD, Kang, Luwei

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 27/10/17 08:27, Hao, Xudong wrote:
> > This bug exist much long time, there are many discussion last year but not a
> > solution then. I call out it now because there is a fix in qemu upstream:
> > commit a8036336609d2e184fc3543a4c439c0ba7d7f3a2
> > Author: Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@citrix.com>
> > Date:   Thu Aug 24 16:07:03 2017 +0100
> >
> >      xen/pt: allow QEMU to request MSI unmasking at bind time
> >
> > The fix is not in qemu-xen tree yet, when will qemu-xen sync this fix? Is it
> > possible to catch Xen 4.10's qemu-xen?
>
> I will let Stefano and Anthony providing feedback before giving a release-ack
> here.

Yes, I think we should backport the commit as it fixes a genuine bug.
The backport is not risk-free but it only affects PCI Passthrough. Also
the commit has been in QEMU for 2 months now.

@ 2017-10-30  1:04                             ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-10-30  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Jan Beulich, Quan Xu
  Cc: Lars Kurth, sstabellini, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX, Julien Grall,
	Xen-devel, Anthony PERARD, Kang, Luwei

Happy to see that bugs is tracked on it as well.

Thanks,
-Xudong

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-02 13:49                               ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-11-02 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX, Hao, Xudong,
	Julien Grall, Jan Beulich, Xen-devel, Anthony PERARD, Kang,
	Luwei

Hi,

On 27/10/17 21:16, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2017, Julien Grall wrote:
>> On 27/10/17 08:27, Hao, Xudong wrote:
>>> This bug exist much long time, there are many discussion last year but not a
>>> solution then. I call out it now because there is a fix in qemu upstream:
>>> commit a8036336609d2e184fc3543a4c439c0ba7d7f3a2
>>> Author: Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@citrix.com>
>>> Date:   Thu Aug 24 16:07:03 2017 +0100
>>>
>>>       xen/pt: allow QEMU to request MSI unmasking at bind time
>>>
>>> The fix is not in qemu-xen tree yet, when will qemu-xen sync this fix? Is it
>>> possible to catch Xen 4.10's qemu-xen?
>>
>> I will let Stefano and Anthony providing feedback before giving a release-ack
>> here.
>
> Yes, I think we should backport the commit as it fixes a genuine bug.
> The backport is not risk-free but it only affects PCI Passthrough. Also
> the commit has been in QEMU for 2 months now.

Does anyone actually tested it with QEMU Xen tree?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-03  1:10                                 ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-11-03  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Quan Xu, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX, Julien Grall,
	Jan Beulich, Xen-devel, Anthony PERARD, Wei Liu

Qemu Xen tree is default which is in Xen source code configuration file Config.mk, I tested it with it.
QEMU_UPSTREAM_URL ?= http://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/qemu-xen.git

Thanks,
-Xudong

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-03 11:23                                   ` Roger Pau Monné
From: Roger Pau Monné @ 2017-11-03 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hao, Xudong
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,
	Julien Grall, Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Jan Beulich,
	Anthony PERARD, Xen-devel

On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 01:10:26AM +0000, Hao, Xudong wrote:

> [...]

Can you please make sure you have QEMU commit a80363: xen/pt: allow
QEMU to request MSI unmasking at bind time. AFAICT this is not yet in
the qemu-xen tree.

Roger.

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-06  1:04                                     ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-11-06  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Pau Monné
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,
	Julien Grall, Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Jan Beulich,
	Anthony PERARD, Xen-devel

Roger,
Maybe I misunderstood of your question and my last mail confused you. Qemu-xen didn't have commit a80363, so I report this issue to ask for sync up with qemu upstream. Last mail I mean I usually used Qemu Xen tree to do test, and found out this issue.

Thanks,
-Xudong

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-06  1:07                                     ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-11-06  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Pau Monné
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,
	Julien Grall, Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Jan Beulich,
	Anthony PERARD, Xen-devel

Roger,
Maybe last mail confused you. Qemu-xen didn't have commit a80363, so I report this issue to ask for sync up with qemu upstream. Last mail I mean I usually used Qemu Xen tree to do test, and found out this issue.

Thanks,
-Xudong

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-07  9:33                                       ` Roger Pau Monné
From: Roger Pau Monné @ 2017-11-07  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hao, Xudong
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,

On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 01:04:56AM +0000, Hao, Xudong wrote:
> [...]

Before requesting the backport, have you tested whether it
fixes your issues?

Roger.

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-08 12:13                                 ` Anthony PERARD
From: Anthony PERARD @ 2017-11-08 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX, Hao, Xudong,
	Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Jan Beulich, Xen-devel, Kang, Luwei

On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 01:49:54PM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 27/10/17 21:16, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

> > > I will let Stefano and Anthony providing feedback before giving a release-ack
> > > here.
> >
> > Yes, I think we should backport the commit as it fixes a genuine bug.
> > The backport is not risk-free but it only affects PCI Passthrough. Also
> > the commit has been in QEMU for 2 months now.
>
> Does anyone actually tested it with QEMU Xen tree?

Yes.  I've tested qemu-xen with this patch and PCI passthrough still
works.

Can I get a release-ack?

Anthony PERARD

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-08 12:17                                   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-11-08 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony PERARD
  Cc: Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Zhang, PengtaoX, Hao, Xudong,
	Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Jan Beulich, Xen-devel, Kang, Luwei

Hi Anthony,

On 08/11/17 12:13, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 01:49:54PM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:

>>> Yes, I think we should backport the commit as it fixes a genuine bug.
>>> The backport is not risk-free but it only affects PCI Passthrough. Also
>>> the commit has been in QEMU for 2 months now.
>>
>> Does anyone actually tested it with QEMU Xen tree?
>
> Yes.  I've tested qemu-xen with this patch and PCI passthrough still
> works.
>
> Can I get a release-ack?

I'd still like an answer on Roger's question whether this patch fixes
the issue they met.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-09  0:22                                         ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-11-09  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Pau Monné
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,
	Julien Grall, Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Jan Beulich,
	Anthony PERARD, Xen-devel

Yes, Luwei (Cced) tested it with pass result.

Thanks,
-Xudong

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-09  9:27                                           ` Roger Pau Monné
From: Roger Pau Monné @ 2017-11-09  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hao, Xudong
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,

On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 12:22:49AM +0000, Hao, Xudong wrote:
> > Qemu-xen didn't have commit a80363, so I report this issue to ask for sync up
> > with qemu upstream. Last mail I mean I usually used Qemu Xen tree to do test,
> > and found out this issue.
> >
> > Before requesting the backport, have you tested whether it fixes your issues?
> >

> Yes, Luwei (Cced) tested it with pass result.

In which case requesting a backport would be in place on the grounds
that's a bug fix.

The patch in question fixes a bug mostly seen when doing
PCI-passthrough of devices that support MSI-X interrupts to Windows
guest (and Windows attempts to setup the interrupts using MSI-X). It
doesn't manifest on Linux or FreeBSD because these OSes use a
different dance to setup MSI-X interrupts, and thus are not affected.
It's likely that other OSes with different MSI-X implementations are
able to trigger that bug. The result of not having the patch is that
interrupts of passed through devices will stay masked, thus
preventing the device from working (unless polling mode only is
used).

Pros:
 - It fixes a bug.
 - The patch is not very big or intrusive.

Cons:
 - It hasn't been tested as it's not in qemu-xen.
 - Only Windows is affected by the bug AFAIK.

IMHO, iff the backport is accepted it should be performed ASAP, so
that the patch can be properly tested before the release.

Thanks, Roger.

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-09 14:36                                             ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-11-09 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Pau Monné, Hao, Xudong
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,
	Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Jan Beulich, Anthony PERARD,
	Xen-devel

Hi Roger,

On 09/11/17 09:27, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 12:22:49AM +0000, Hao, Xudong wrote:
>>> Qemu-xen didn't have commit a80363, so I report this issue to ask for sync up
>>> with qemu upstream. Last mail I mean I usually used Qemu Xen tree to do test,
>>> and found out this issue.
>>>
>>> Before requesting the backport, have you tested whether it fixes your issues?
>>>

>> Yes, Luwei (Cced) tested it with pass result.
>
> In which case requesting a backport would be in place on the grounds
> that's a bug fix.
>
> The patch in question fixes a bug mostly seen when doing
> PCI-passthrough of devices that support MSI-X interrupts to Windows
> guest (and Windows attempts to setup the interrupts using MSI-X). It
> doesn't manifest on Linux or FreeBSD because these OSes use a
> different dance to setup MSI-X interrupts, and thus are not affected.
> It's likely that other OSes with different MSI-X implementations are
> able to trigger that bug. The result of not having the patch is that
> interrupts of passed through devices will stay masked, thus
> preventing the device from working (unless polling mode only is
> used).
>
> Pros:
>   - It fixes a bug.
>   - The patch is not very big or intrusive.
>
> Cons:
>   - It hasn't been tested as it's not in qemu-xen.
>   - Only Windows is affected by the bug AFAIK.
>
> IMHO, iff the backport is accepted it should be performed ASAP, so
> that the patch can be properly tested before the release.

Thank you for the detailed explanation :). On a previous e-mail Stefano
were happy with the backport. So:

Release-acked-by: Julien Grall <julien.grall@linaro.org>

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-09 14:37                                               ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-11-09 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Pau Monné, Hao, Xudong
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,

On 09/11/17 14:36, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Roger,

>>> Yes, Luwei (Cced) tested it with pass result.
>>
>> In which case requesting a backport would be in place on the grounds
>> that's a bug fix.
>>
>> The patch in question fixes a bug mostly seen when doing
>> PCI-passthrough of devices that support MSI-X interrupts to Windows
>> guest (and Windows attempts to setup the interrupts using MSI-X). It
>> doesn't manifest on Linux or FreeBSD because these OSes use a
>> different dance to setup MSI-X interrupts, and thus are not affected.
>> It's likely that other OSes with different MSI-X implementations are
>> able to trigger that bug. The result of not having the patch is that
>> interrupts of passed through devices will stay masked, thus
>> preventing the device from working (unless polling mode only is
>> used).
>>
>> Pros:
>>   - It fixes a bug.
>>   - The patch is not very big or intrusive.
>>
>> Cons:
>>   - It hasn't been tested as it's not in qemu-xen.
>>   - Only Windows is affected by the bug AFAIK.
>>
>> IMHO, iff the backport is accepted it should be performed ASAP, so
>> that the patch can be properly tested before the release.
>
> Thank you for the detailed explanation :). On a previous e-mail Stefano
> were happy with the backport. So:
>
> Release-acked-by: Julien Grall <julien.grall@linaro.org>

Note that I think we would need to update xen also to point to the
commit with this backport included.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-27  3:20                                                 ` Hao, Xudong
From: Hao, Xudong @ 2017-11-27  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Roger Pau Monné
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,
	Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Jan Beulich, Anthony PERARD,
	Xen-devel

Confirmed Xen 4.10 RC5 cleans away this issue.

Thanks,
-Xudong

* Re: [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov
@ 2017-11-27 10:39                                                   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-11-27 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hao, Xudong, Roger Pau Monné
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Kang, Luwei, Zhang, PengtaoX,
	Julien Grall, Quan Xu, Wei Liu, Jan Beulich, Anthony PERARD,
	Xen-devel

Hi Xudong,

On 27/11/17 03:20, Hao, Xudong wrote:

>>> Thank you for the detailed explanation :). On a previous e-mail
>>> Stefano were happy with the backport. So:
>>>
>>> Release-acked-by: Julien Grall <julien.grall@linaro.org>
>>
>> Note that I think we would need to update xen also to point to the commit with
>> this backport included.
>>

> Confirmed Xen 4.10 RC5 cleans away this issue.

Thank you for the testing!

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall