From: Thierry Laurion <thierry.laurion@gmail.com>
To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com>
Cc: xen-devel@lists.xen.org
Subject: Re: Lenovo X200 IOMMU support through Xen 4.6 iommu=no-igfx switch
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 23:48:44 +0000	[thread overview]

Sorry for the precedent post that was written a bit too fast. Libreboot was
flashed when I wrote it, which is the equivalent of a having vt-d
deactivated (iommu=0). Thanks to a user that read this post and wrote to me
personally so I could do my mea culpa. Sorry for the precedent misleading
post.

Xen on a GM45 chipset and with IGD i915 driver is still getting the system
hanged when vt-d is activated. I'm willing to borrow a machine to the Xen
developer that could fix the iommu=no-igfx code for gm45 chipset to
actually work.

A ticket is opened here with current states of thing:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1594#issuecomment-209213917

Sorry about that (and repost since I wrote the same misleading post to two
places)
Thierry