Thanks Roger. Will do that. -Syed On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Roger Pau Monné wrote: > On Fri, 1 Apr 2016, Syed Mushtaq wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am testing out a system in which each Guest disk is mapped to a LUN on > a backend storage. I am using Xenserver 6.5 for this and creating an SR > with a single VDI inside it for each Guest disk. > > The way it would work is, from an LVM point of view, I would have a > Volume Group (VG) for each virtual disk and a single logical volume (LV) > inside that VG. What I am seeing is that creating new > > volume groups is taking a lot of time. In my test after creating about > 600 volume groups, it took about 4 seconds to create a new one. I have > observed this to be a linear trend where the more > > VGs I add the slower future operations become. Other operations like > getting the logical volumes inside a VG have also slowed down (even though > there is only 1 LV per VG). > > > > I was wondering if anyone here faced a similar problem or had some > experience in dealing with LVM bottlenecks. > > It doesn't seem like this is related to Xen, so I would recommend that you > ask in the linux-lvm [0] mailing list. TBH, I have no idea how well LVM > scales in these kind of scenarios. > > Roger. > > [0] https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm >