* Re: [Embedded-pv-devel] Xen Project Developer Summit : program Published
       [not found] <6E39C764-7DA4-4336-B366-8CAEB127066D@gmail.com>
@ 2016-06-08 15:43 ` Meng Xu
From: Meng Xu @ 2016-06-08 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Kurth
  Cc: xen-api, embedded-pv-devel, xen-announce, Xen-devel, xen-users,
	win-pv-devel

Hi Lars,

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com> wrote:
> We recently announced the program and speakers [1] for our Xen Project Developer Summit [2] happening in Toronto, Canada from August 25-26, 2016. The event will be co-located with LinuxCon North America [3].
>
> The Xen Project hypervisor powers the new needs of computing and virtualization through a rich ecosystem of community members that focus on everything from security, embedded, and web-scale environments. The Summit is an opportunity for developers and software engineers to collaborate and discuss the latest advancements of Xen Project software, and better understand what’s next for Xen Project technology, virtualization and cloud computing.
>
> In addition to presentations, we will be running a half-day hackathon alongside the Summit on the last day. Xen Project hackathons have evolved in format into a series of structured problem-solving sessions that scale up to 50 people.

I'm wondering if it's possible to record the hackathon into a video or
audio, which will be really helpful for people who cannot make the
summit. :-)

Thanks,

Meng

* Re: [Embedded-pv-devel] Xen Project Developer Summit : program Published
@ 2016-07-15 12:01   ` Dario Faggioli
From: Dario Faggioli @ 2016-07-15 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Meng Xu; +Cc: embedded-pv-devel, Xen-devel

[Reducing the rate of cross-posting a bit]

On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 11:43 -0400, Meng Xu wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > In addition to presentations, we will be running a half-day
> > hackathon alongside the Summit on the last day. Xen Project
> > hackathons have evolved in format into a series of structured
> > problem-solving sessions that scale up to 50 people.
> I'm wondering if it's possible to record the hackathon into a video
> or
> audio, which will be really helpful for people who cannot make the
> summit. :-)

BTW, Meng, have you seen these on the schedule?

* "Consideration of Real Time GPU Scheduling of XenGT in Automotive
   Embedded System"
  Sangyun Lee, LG Electronics http://sched.co/7Lh3

* "Xenbedded: Xen-based client virtualization for phones and tablets"
  Chris Patterson & Kyle Temkin, AIS, Inc. http://sched.co/7LhI

* "Review and Analysis of Performance Metrics of the Xen Hypervisor on
   Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC"
   Jarvis Roach & Benjamin Sanda, DornerWorks http://sched.co/7Lh0

How cool is all that, eh?

We better continue to work on putting RTDS into as good as possible
shape... World may need it soon! :-P :-P

Regards,
Dario

* Re: [Embedded-pv-devel] Xen Project Developer Summit : program Published
@ 2016-07-15 14:56     ` Meng Xu
From: Meng Xu @ 2016-07-15 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dario Faggioli; +Cc: embedded-pv-devel, Xen-devel

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 8:01 AM, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@citrix.com>
wrote:

> [Reducing the rate of cross-posting a bit]
>
> On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 11:43 -0400, Meng Xu wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > In addition to presentations, we will be running a half-day
> > > hackathon alongside the Summit on the last day. Xen Project
> > > hackathons have evolved in format into a series of structured
> > > problem-solving sessions that scale up to 50 people.
> > I'm wondering if it's possible to record the hackathon into a video
> > or
> > audio, which will be really helpful for people who cannot make the
> > summit. :-)
> >
> BTW, Meng, have you seen these on the schedule?

​Yep. I saw these topics and they are very very interesting and related! ​

> * "Consideration of Real Time GPU Scheduling of XenGT in Automotive
>    Embedded System"
>   Sangyun Lee, LG Electronics http://sched.co/7Lh3
>
> * "Xenbedded: Xen-based client virtualization for phones and tablets"
>   Chris Patterson & Kyle Temkin, AIS, Inc. http://sched.co/7LhI
>
> * "Review and Analysis of Performance Metrics of the Xen Hypervisor on
>    Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC"
>    Jarvis Roach & Benjamin Sanda, DornerWorks http://sched.co/7Lh0
>
> How cool is all that, eh?

​Very cool~ :-)​

> We better continue to work on putting RTDS into as good as possible
> shape... World may need it soon! :-P :-P

​Yes. I totally agree! One most important TODO for RTDS is to convert it
from non-work-conserving model to work-conserving model. I have been
keeping this in mind for a while. I can discuss this in our internal RT-Xen
meeting and try to get a plan for this.

BTW, I may go to the summit if my Canada visa got approved on time. ​
Are you coming to the summit?

​Thanks,

Meng​

--
Meng Xu

* Re: [Embedded-pv-devel] Xen Project Developer Summit : program Published
@ 2016-07-25 10:50       ` Dario Faggioli
From: Dario Faggioli @ 2016-07-25 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Meng Xu; +Cc: embedded-pv-devel, Xen-devel