From: wj zhou <zhouwjenter@gmail.com>
To: xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Subject: Question of xl dump-core
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:21:16 +0800	[thread overview]

Hello all,

Sorry to disturb you, but I really want to figure it out.
The xen core of redhat 6 with pod is unable to be used with crash.

I installed a hvm of redhat 6 by xen 4.7.0-rc2.
And the memory is set as below:
memory=1024
maxmem=4096

"xl dump-core" is executed, and the core is produced successfully.
I got the following message:
xc: info: exceeded nr_pages (261111) losing pages

Unfortunately, I got some errors when executing crash with it.
The below is the log of crash.

<cut>
crash 7.0.9-4.el7

please wait... (gathering kmem slab cache data)
crash: read error: kernel virtual address: ffff88010b532e00  type:
"kmem_cache buffer"

crash: unable to initialize kmem slab cache subsystem

please wait... (gathering module symbol data)
crash: read error: physical address: 1058a1000  type: "page table"
<cut>

I knew balloon is not supported by redhat 6, so pod is also not supported.
But I wonder the reason why the above error happens.
Balloon and pod are also not supported by redhat 7, but it won't
happen in redhat 7 hvm.
I'm very appreciated if someone can help me.

--
Regards
Zhou