Hey guys, is anything happening today regarding a meeting or going out for lunch if people arrive a day early? On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Lars Kurth wrote: > > > On 23 Jun 2016, at 12:39, George Dunlap > wrote: > > > > On 23/06/16 12:33, Lars Kurth wrote: > >> Folks, > >> > >> do you guys want to hold a Developer Meeting on Aug 24th (before Dev > Summit). I do have space to do this, but last year's was very poorly > attended. If you could get back to me with an opinion, that would help > hugely. Alternatively it would also be possible to use the space for more > focused meetings with fewer people. In that case, I would need a number of > suggestions for meetings including meeting leaders. > >> > >> Please have a look at the schedule http://events.linuxfoundation. > org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/program/schedule ... note that on > the 26th, I kept the 2nd room free and was planning to use the Hackathon > format in parallel to the talks in the main program. rather than having > BoFs interspersed with talks. Some of the slots could be used to host the > developer meeting, of desired. > > > > So to a large degree, the actual nuts-and-bolts planning which that > > meeting was meant to cover happens now at the "hackathons" instead. > > It's important I think, however, for the XenSummit to have a venue for > > people in the industry who may not know about the Hackathons (or for > > whatever reason can't come to them) to raise issues with the core > > developers and have them discussed. > > > > If the parallel track could actually fulfill that role, then I think it > > would be enough; the key would be making sure that the appropriate > > attention could be attracted. > > That's why I asked. Maybe we can come up with a short list of topics that > need to be discussed and are worthwhile for the developer meetings. > > The idea behind using the Hackathon scheduling methodology for the > parallel track is an experiment to make assigning of topics to space mor > effective than in the past. > > I don't have an opinion one way or another. We can have a developer > meeting as well. Just shout and I will set it up. > > Lars > _______________________________________________ > Xen-devel mailing list > Xen-devel@lists.xen.org > http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel > -- My Blog: http://www.neilscomputerblog.blogspot.com/ Twitter: @neilsikka