From: Julien Grall <julien@xen.org>
To: Ian Jackson <iwj@xenproject.org>, xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
Cc: committers@xenproject.org,
	"George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@citrix.com>,
	"Andrew Cooper" <andrew.cooper3@citrix.com>,
	"Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@suse.com>,
	"Stefano Stabellini" <sstabellini@kernel.org>,
	"Jürgen Groß" <jgross@suse.com>,
	"Paul Durrant" <xadimgnik@gmail.com>, "Wei Liu" <wl@xen.org>,
	"Bertrand Marquis" <bertrand.marquis@arm.com>
Subject: Re: Xen 4.15: Proposed release schedule
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 16:56:01 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Ian,

On 25/11/2020 13:56, Ian Jackson wrote:
>    Friday 8th January    Last posting date
>
>      Patches adding new features should be posted to the mailing list
>      by this cate, although perhaps not in their final version.
>
>    Friday 22nd January   Feature freeze
>
>      Patches adding new features should be committed by this date.
>      Straightforward bugfixes may continue to be accepted by
>      maintainers.
We have a quite a good features line-up on Arm for this release.
Unfortunately, some of the Arm reviewers (including myself) will be
unavailable until mid-January. I think this will likely impair what we
can get in Xen 4.15.

I was going to suggest a different feature freeze date for Arm (IIRC we
did that in 2018), but the implementation of IOREQ for Arm will touch
also x86 (in order to make the existing code common).

Therefore, would it be possible to push the "Feature Freeze" by week?

Note that I am not suggesting to push the "Last posting date" as to
avoid increasing pressure on the number of series to review.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall