On Fri, 9 Aug 2019, Dario Faggioli wrote: > On Wed, 2019-08-07 at 11:22 -0700, Stefano Stabellini wrote: > > Hi Dario, George, > > > > Dom0less with sched=null is broken on staging, it simply hangs soon > > after Xen is finished loading things. My impression is that vcpus are > > not actually started. I did a git bisection and it pointed to: > > > > commit d545f1d6c2519a183ed631cfca7aff0baf29fde5 (refs/bisect/bad) > > Author: Dario Faggioli > > Date: Mon Aug 5 11:50:55 2019 +0100 > > > > xen: sched: deal with vCPUs being or becoming online or offline > > > > Any ideas? > > > Ok, I've done some basic testing, and inspected the code again, and > honestly I am not finding anything really suspicious. > > Of course, I'm not really testing dom0less, and I'm not sure I can > easily do that. > > Can you help me with this, e.g., by providing some more info and, if > possible, logs? I am attaching the logs. Interestingly, I get a bunch of: (XEN) *** LOADING DOMU cpus=1 memory=40000KB *** (XEN) sched_null.c:458: Not inserting d2v0 (not online!) Maybe we are missing a call to online the vcpus somewhere in xen/arch/arm/domain_build.c:construct_domain? > E.g., you say boot stops after Xen loading. Is there a bootlog that we > can see (ideally from a debug build, and with "loglvl=all > guest_loglvl=all")? > > Does the system respond to debug-keys? If yes, the log after triggering > the 'r' debug-key would be useful. The system doesn't respond to debug keys. My guess is that it is too early maybe. > These patches are about vcpus going offline and online... does dom0less > play with vcpu onffline/online in any way? > > I've put together a debug patch (attached), focusing on what the > mentioned commit does, but it's nothing more than a shot in the dark, > for now...