On Wed, 22 Jan 2020, Andrew Cooper wrote: > > My big questions are: > > Does the Xen project have interest in RISC-V? > > There is very large downstream interest in RISC-V.  So a definite yes. Definite Yes from me too > > What can be done to make the RISC-V port as upstreamable as > > possible? > > Any major pitfalls? > > > > It would be great to hear all of your feedback. > > Both RISC-V and Power9 are frequently requested things, and both suffer > from the fact that, while we as a community would like them, the > upstream intersection of "people who know Xen" and "people who know > enough arch $X to do an initial port" is 0. > > This series clearly demonstrates a change in the status quo, and I think > a lot of people will be happy. > > To get RISC-V to being fully supported, we will ultimately need to get > hardware into the CI system, and an easy way for developers to test > changes.  Do you have any thoughts on production RISC-V hardware > (ideally server form factor) for the CI system, and/or dev boards which > might be available fairly cheaply? My understanding is that virtualization development for RISC-V is done on QEMU right now (which could still be hooked into the CI system if somebody wanted to do the work I think.)