On 23.09.2019 10:17, Jan Beulich wrote: >>> Does booting with a single vCPU work? >> Number of vCPUs make no difference > Well, according to Steven it does, with viridian=0. Could you > re-check this? I can confirm that viridian=0 AND vcpus=1 makes the system bootable (with long delay though) > at least the viridian=0 case? As to Linux, did you check that PVH > (or HVM, which you don't mention) guests actually start all their vCPU-s > successfully? I just tried PVH and HVM with 8 vcpus. Everything works, tested with make -j9 on a kernel tree. > 8-core chip, I wonder whether > https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2019-09/msg01954.html > still affects this configuration as well. Could you give this a try in Does it still make sense to try the patch given the cpuid I posted? Also I have an AMD 7302P in my lab (cpuid dump attached). No change in behavior from 3700X - cpuid is nearly the same. Regards Andreas