On 07.06.21 12:12, Olaf Hering wrote: > Am Wed, 2 Jun 2021 14:03:40 +0200 > schrieb Juergen Gross : > >> Maybe XEN_DOMCTL_PFINFO_XALLOC should no longer be supported, i.e. >> a stream containing it should be rejected? This might be a >> worthwhile modification of patch 5. > > If there is a desire to actively break incoming domUs from pre-4.6 hosts, this should probably be done in a separate change. > > I have not checked if such migration works today with unmodified xen.git#staging. At least with your patch this might change now, as you are modifying the behavior in case of XEN_DOMCTL_PFINFO_XALLOC. Officially pre-4.6 hosts are not supported regarding LM. So your patch should be fine in this regard. OTH I'd rather have a clear failure than a maybe weird behavior in case a stream is containing a record with XEN_DOMCTL_PFINFO_XALLOC. Juergen