I went ahead and put together a very simple test appllication that proves what I am seeing when it comes to the EVL heap performance being substantially slower than the Linux STL Heap. In the app, there are 2 pthreads that are attached to EVL and started one after the other. Each thread creates/destroys 100k std::strings (which use new/delete behind the scenes). The total thread time is calcluated and printed to the console before the app shutsdown. If enabling the EVL heap, the global new/delete is overridden to use the EVL Heap API. Scenario 1 is an EVL application using the STL Heap. Build with the following command: " g++ -Wall -g -std=c++11 -o test test.cpp -I/opt/evl/include -L/opt/evl/lib -levl -lpthread". When this app is run on my x86 system, I can see that the average time for the 2 threads to complete is about 0.01 seconds. Scenario 2 is an EVL application using the EVL Heap. Build with the following command: " g++ -Wall -g -std=c++11 -o test test.cpp -I/opt/evl/include -L/opt/evl/lib -levl -lpthread -D EVL_HEAP". When this app is run on my x86 system, I can see that the average time for the 2 threads to complete is about 0.8 seconds. This is a very simple example, but even here we can see that there is a significant slow down using the EVL heap. That is only magnified when running our much more complex application. Is this expected behavior out of the EVL heap? If so, is using multiple EVL heaps the recommendation? If not, where do we think the problem lies? Thanks, Russell