On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 3:28 PM Peter Bergin wrote: > Hi Brian, > On 2021-05-06 14:41, Brian Hutchinson wrote: > > Hi, > > Yesterday I checked out Hardknott (creating layers manually due to repo > sync issues) and tried to build core-image-base for my imx8mm-evk. > > First I noticed that there wasn't a machine config for imx8mmevk (as there > was for Dunfell, Gatesgarth etc.), but there was a config for > imx8mm-ddr4-evk so I used that in my setup: > > There are two configs for imx8mm EVKs, one for ddr4 and one for lpddr4. > Check your board so you get the correct one. 8MMINILPD4 = lpddr4 and > 8MMINID4 = ddr4. I have a imx8mm_lpddr4_evk in my project ad have been able > to build hardknott without issues. > Yes, the LPDDR4 version has a NAND flash if memory serves me right. Mine is the older version (Rev B) DDR4 version with eMMC and NOR flash. > EULA=1 DISTRO=poky MACHINE=imx8mm-ddr4-evk source setup-environment build > > I need the 5.10 kernel, but did not see the trick Andrey showed me to > change: > #IMX_DEFAULT_BSP = "nxp" > IMX_DEFAULT_BSP = "mainline" > > ... in machine .conf to switch to linux-fslc, so I just put this in my > local.conf: > > PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-fslc" > PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-fslc = "5.10%" > > This is not needed in hardknott as imx8mm-*-evk machines are using > mainline and linux-fslc by default. > > Any advice on what to do or try next is greatly appreciated. > > The error you see below is because the u-boot configuration > imx8mm_ddr4_evk is not present in u-boot-fslc. There is only imx8mm_evk > config that is intended for lpddr4 variant. This is an error in the > configuration in Yocto but I'm a bit unsure the way forward. > > One thing you can try is to use u-boot-imx instead by adding: > > PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/bootloader = "u-boot-imx" > I'll try that and see what happens! Thanks!