toaster.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* inconsistence between system folders and toaster interface
@ 2017-11-13 13:24 Stéphane Ancelot
From: Stéphane Ancelot @ 2017-11-13 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Hi,

When something goes wrong (and this is often...)  it is often required
to go to console and remove some files in order to make it work again...

Next to a power failure, The build was not able to run  , I had to
remove cache and tmp folders.

build folders are named build-toatser-1 , build-toaster-2 .... this is
very confusing with interface in which you have indicated a project name.

It is difficult to know what is inside these build folders and relation
with toaster interface.

Regards,

S.Ancelot

* Re: inconsistence between system folders and toaster interface
@ 2017-11-14  3:35 ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-11-14  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stéphane Ancelot, toaster

Hi Stéphane,

Let us then propose an Enhancement Request to help resolve the issues.

I have already been considering a feature that displays the mapping of projects to build folders.

There is already the ability to run clean commands from the Toaster interface (e.g. "<recipe>:do_cleansstate") but it is probably not obvious to users. If we make this more clear then perhaps there is less need to blow away the cache or tmp folders.

I do not think there is a formal bitbake command to remove the cache or tmp folders from a project, so this would have to be a unique command in Toaster.

What do you think in terms of enhancements?

- David