Hi Dhanyalakshmi, You should not be able to crash bitbake from Toaster, so we need to do a bit of investigation. One thing to do is to build the project from the command line with Toaster enabled, in hopes to find the real problem. In other words, we need to determine if (a) it is a build problem between your project configuration and bitbake, (b) a problem between Toaster and bitbake, or (c) a problem in how Toaster GUI is launching the build. Here is how you can do that: * Setup a build directory with your desired “conf/local.conf” and “conf/bblayers.conf” settings * Run the regular bitbake image command in this shell. If this fails then you should direct information about the root cause * $ bitbake * If it does not fail, we can test Toaster UI also from the command line. Do this: * $ toaster start webport=0.0.0.0:80 * $ bitbake * You should then see Toaster events appear in the shell instead of the normal “knotty” output. If this fails, you should hopefully see more debug information * If both builds succeed, then we are left with a problem in how Toaster is launching bitbake. There will be a generated “build-toaster-*” directory in your installation for this project. * We could use the end of its conf files where you will find the extensions that Toaster added. * There should also be a Toaster log file in there. * Finally, in the directory where you launched Toaster there will be a build log file. The tail of that should show how the Toaster build was handed off. David From: toaster@lists.yoctoproject.org On Behalf Of dhanyalakshmi.k via lists.yoctoproject.org Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 3:04 AM To: toaster@lists.yoctoproject.org Subject: [Toaster] Toaster is not working it's showing bitbake crash when I tried to build an image Hello, I tried to build an image from toaster web interface but it is showing "bitbake crash" with below traceback issues. I'm not understanding what I need to change or do so that toaster will work correctly to build an image. And the ubuntu version=22.04 Yocto version=4.2 mickledore Image trying to build is "ls-image-main" for ls1012afrwy card Bitbake crash Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 91, in runCommand result = command_method(self, commandline) File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 290, in updateConfig command.cooker.updateConfigOpts(options, environment, cmdline) File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 552, in updateConfigOpts self.reset() File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 1786, in reset self.initConfigurationData() File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 409, in initConfigurationData self.databuilder.parseBaseConfiguration() File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 261, in parseBaseConfiguration self.data = self.parseConfigurationFiles(self.prefiles, self.postfiles) File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 395, in parseConfigurationFiles data = parse_config_file(os.path.join(layer, "conf", "layer.conf"), data) File "/home/dhanyalakshmi/distro/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 174, in wrapped raise bb.BBHandledException() bb.BBHandledException I'm waiting for the reply Thank you