toaster.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Link to latest build
@ 2017-10-18 10:18 Murray Thomson
From: Murray Thomson @ 2017-10-18 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

New to toaster, I'm looking for a link to the latest build. I can access to

http://127.0.0.1:8080/toastergui/build/7

But I was hoping for something like
http://127.0.0.1:8080/toastergui/build/latest

too. Jenkins does this and it's very handy. Is there an equivalent in
toaster?

Regards,
Murray

* Re: Link to latest build
@ 2017-10-18 15:29 ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-10-18 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Murray Thomson; +Cc: toaster

Hi Murray,

> Is there an equivalent in toaster?

1) Not  directly.

If you think that it is useful then please file an enhancement request, or better yet work with me on a patch!

Would you want just that URL that you paste/bookmark into your browser, or would you want also a link in the Toaster interface to take you their?

2) This is what I can offer you today, if you do not mind being clever!

Look at this new section of the Toaster manual:
    http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/toaster-manual/toaster-manual.html#remote-toaster-monitoring

With this new interface you can bring up any build you want. You can for example:

 (a) Use http://host:port/toastergui/api/builds to return a JSON array of all builds, and then sort them by either Start or Stop time. The “…/building” link alternatively returns the list of builds in progress if you want that instead.

 (b) From that array you get the build ID’s.

 (c) With the build ID you can then bring up the full page for that build as per your example, or if you are staying programmatic you can use http://host:port/toastergui/api/build/ID to get a quick JSON summary of that build.

My company uses this JSON interface to monitor builds inside Docker containers for our Continuous Integration system.

Hope this helps,
- David

@ 2017-10-19  7:32   ` Murray Thomson
From: Murray Thomson @ 2017-10-19  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)