Hi, I have now  more precise details regarding this issue : 1/ from the web interface , import your layer : select "in a directory", and fill in  the path click import and add to project Next, go to the layers view and edit the imported layer ===>> the path to the layer directory is set to None This implies when building you have next message (not really user friendly ...): sequence item 3: expected str instance, NoneType found But once  you edited again the path to the layer directory and save it in the layer view , everything goes well since it is not setted to None anymore. Regards, S.Ancelot Le 16/10/2017 à 14:08, Stéphane Ancelot a écrit : > Unfortunately, when I try to rebuild with this layer, I have next error > sequence item 3: expected str instance, NoneType found > > I will at first try the custom.xml setup .... this will permit to > inhibit some mistakes related to bad layer configuration. Regards Steph > Le 16/10/2017 à 11:03, Reyna, David a écrit : >> Hi Stéphane, >> >> You have to build a project with the imported layer before Toaster know anything. Since this layer did not come from the Layer Index (with all the metadata provided), Toaster has to derive the layer information from bitbake events as the project builds. >> >> If after a build you still do not see information, then please file a defect. >> >> Alternatively, if you want to see the layer data immediately when it is imported (e.g. you use this layer in different Toaster instances and/or you are sharing the layer with others) and you do not mind being clever (e.g. doing a hack), you can add the layer information explicitly to "toaster/orm/fixtures/custom.xml". The new updates to the Toaster Manual 2.4 has information about this in the just-completed "Customize Toaster" section. >> >> - David >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From:toaster-bounces@yoctoproject.org [mailto:toaster-bounces@yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Stéphane Ancelot >> Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 12:52 AM >> To:toaster@yoctoproject.org >> Subject: [Toaster] import a layer directory problem >> >> hi, >> >> I have got some problems trying to import a layer : >> >> I first copied the meta-skeleton layer in a directory named test (inside the OS running toaster) >> >> then in toaster, I setted the pathname of my layer directory. >> >> I can sea my layer name in available layers , but inside there is no summary/description/recipes available ....like it was not added.... >> >> Regards, >> >> Stéphane ANCELOT >> -- >> _______________________________________________ >> toaster mailing list >> toaster@yoctoproject.org >> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/toaster > > >