yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* How to get yocto to export python wheels
@ 2023-05-17 13:46 lorenzo.ruffati+yoctoforums
From: lorenzo.ruffati+yoctoforums @ 2023-05-17 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi, is there a way to get yocto to "deploy" the wheels for python packages?

At the moment I can only find .deb artifacts, I would like to have "tmp/deploy/whl" (or some other)
folder in which to find all wheels for python packages generated in the build.

Is there some standard way to do this? Is it even possible without writing a custom recipe for each
package?

* Re: [yocto] How to get yocto to export python wheels
@ 2023-05-18 10:17 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2023-05-18 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lorenzo.ruffati+yoctoforums; +Cc: yocto

On 17 May 2023, at 14:46, lorenzo.ruffati+yoctoforums via lists.yoctoproject.org <lorenzo.ruffati+yoctoforums=unikie.com@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> Hi, is there a way to get yocto to "deploy" the wheels for python packages?
>
> At the moment I can only find .deb artifacts, I would like to have "tmp/deploy/whl" (or some other)
> folder in which to find all wheels for python packages generated in the build.
>
> Is there some standard way to do this? Is it even possible without writing a custom recipe for each
> package?

You can write a class to do that, and inherit it in all the recipes that you want to have wheels.

Ross