yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* NetworkManager recipe installing both sysVinit script and systemd service ... which to use ?
@ 2023-06-01 21:34 steve_evers
From: steve_evers @ 2023-06-01 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have a yocto distro using systemd as the service manager. In adding networkmanager-nmcli (networkmanager_1.32.10.bb) I am getting both a sysVinit network-manager script and its associated rc5 symlink as well as a systemd NetworkService.service installed. The sysVinit network-manager script launches /usr/sbin/NetworkManager as a daemon.

I get an error during kernel init when it trys to start the systemd NetworkService.service. I think this is because the sysVinit network-manager script has been run time converted to a systemd service using systemd-sysv-generator ... so I have to paths to starting the /usr/sbin/NetworkManager service.

Should I be removing the sysVinit network-manager script to allow a clean systemd NetworkManager start? I suppose I can just remove it in a networkmanager_%.bbappend?

* Re: [yocto] NetworkManager recipe installing both sysVinit script and systemd service ... which to use ?
@ 2023-06-02 20:04 ` adrian.freihofer
From: adrian.freihofer @ 2023-06-02 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steve_evers, yocto

Hi Steve

Maybe this discussion provides some hints for you
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-devel/topic/98852053#102633

Regards
Adrian