yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* rebuilding perf fails after cleanall
       [not found] <7ae2fdbf-acdf-6d54-a428-65a38497a83d.ref@yahoo.com>
@ 2021-10-22 17:23 ` Chuck Kamas
From: Chuck Kamas @ 2021-10-22 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all,

I am trying to model a new recipe off of perf.bb to compile the usbip
helper kernel code. I have been having issues with the
work-shared/../kernel-source directory being empty, so I went back to
the perf recipie and tried:

bitbake perf -c cleanall

bitbake perf

I get the same error about path does not exist and the work-shared
kernel-source directory being empty.

Is perf.bb only executable in the context of a global rebuild?

Chuck

* Re: [yocto] rebuilding perf fails after cleanall
@ 2021-10-22 17:57   ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2021-10-22 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chuckkamas; +Cc: yocto

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 1:23 PM chuck kamas via lists.yoctoproject.org
<chuckkamas=yahoo.com@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am trying to model a new recipe off of perf.bb to compile the usbip
> helper kernel code. I have been having issues with the
> work-shared/../kernel-source directory being empty, so I went back to
> the perf recipie and tried:
>
> bitbake perf -c cleanall
>
> bitbake perf

What release are you using ? We did have some issues with this in the
past, but they should all be accounted for now.

I can bitbake perf, bitbake -c cleanall perf; bitbake perf

perf makes a copy of the kernel-sharel tools directory (it didn't in
the past), so
it should be safe for any combinations like that.

Bruce

> I get the same error about path does not exist and the work-shared
> kernel-source directory being empty.
>

> Is perf.bb only executable in the context of a global rebuild?
>

> Chuck

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II