yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Missing timezones in tzdata
@ 2023-03-28 17:03 nagarkarajay
From: nagarkarajay @ 2023-03-28 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have a imx6ul board that I am working on (SOM has been purchased from a company).
We are using Krogoth (2.1) and we need to have ntpd as a part of the build. ntpd is working ok, however the tzdata that we have in /usr/share/zoneinfo is missing a lot of zones (looking at it in detail we realized that 30 min timezones are missing .. i.e. GMT+4:30 , +5:30 etc.). One hour timezones are available. i,e, GMT-3 ... etc Any suggestion on where to look for or what should be the approach to fix this ?
- Ajay

* Re: [yocto] Missing timezones in tzdata
@ 2023-03-28 17:13 ` Michael Opdenacker
From: Michael Opdenacker @ 2023-03-28 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nagarkarajay; +Cc: yocto

Hi Ajay,

On 28.03.23 at 19:03, nagarkarajay@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a imx6ul board that I am working on (SOM has been purchased
> from a company).
> We are using Krogoth (2.1) and we need to have ntpd as a part of the
> build. ntpd is working ok, however the tzdata that we have in
> /usr/share/zoneinfo is missing a lot of zones (looking at it in detail
> we realized that 30 min timezones are missing .. i.e. GMT+4:30 , +5:30
> etc.). One hour timezones are available. i,e, GMT-3 ... etc Any
> suggestion on where to look for or what should be the approach to fix
> this ?
> - Ajay

Wow, Krogoth is 7 years old! Are you sure you want to develop a product
with such an obsolete version? Your root filesystem will be full of
unpatched vulnerabilities.
If you are sure you want to continue this way, you should try to update
the tzdata recipe to a more recent version (see the updates to the
recipe in the Poky git repository).

Cheers
Michael.

--
Michael Opdenacker, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* Re: [yocto] Missing timezones in tzdata
@ 2023-03-28 17:44   ` Ajay Nagarkar
From: Ajay Nagarkar @ 2023-03-28 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Opdenacker; +Cc: yocto