I've encountered an issue when using a system that has both connman and the hwclock.sh script enabled during startup. The default combined startup order for these two services is wrong. Currently connman starts at 05, and hwclock.sh is at 20 (default for update-rc.d). This means that we have a situation where connman starts up and obtains a correct NTP time, then hwclock.sh clobbers the system time with whatever is in the RTC even if it is way in the past. The big issue caused by that is connman schedules its next NTP update at an absolute time of (current time + 1024s). Once the hwclock.sh script knocks the system time way into the past, the NTP update will not run for a potentially very long time. I would suggest adding a line to poky/meta/recipes-core/busybox.inc to move hwclock.sh earlier. For example: INITSCRIPT_PARAMS:${PN}-hwclock = "start 04 2 3 4 5 . stop 20 0 1 6" or INITSCRIPT_PARAMS:${PN}-hwclock = "start 40 S . stop 20 0 1 6" Thanks, Chris Elledge