yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Yocto Project Status 6 June 2023 (WW23)
@ 2023-06-06 14:43 sjolley.yp.pm
From: sjolley.yp.pm @ 2023-06-06 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 4.3 M1

Next Deadline: 5th June 2023 YP 4.3 M1 build date

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday June 8th 7:30 am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09>
https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
*	Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday June 6th at 8 am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*	Twitch -  See  <https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester>
https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*	YP 4.3 M1 is due to build this week
*	The remaining issue with SPDX manifest generation on the autobuilder
should have been identified and fixed so we plan to enable the create_spdx
class by default in poky assuming a successful test build.
*	The recent 6.1 kernel stable updates appear to be causing a couple
of different intermittent autobuilder issues. We're working to try and get
to the bottom of that, we're hoping further updates to the 6.1 series may
pull in fixes for the regressions.
*	Patch merging has been slow this week as we struggled to bisect
failures down to the problematic commits (potentially the sqlite version
bump).
*	We continue to see problematic intermittent failures on the
autobuilder. We're struggling to make progress against these and they are
feeling overwhelming. We're open to ideas on how we might try and address
them. Experience shows that if left unresolved/ignored, people do end up
hitting them in real world usage or during testing of their own products.

*	There are a number of patches still queued in master-next as it is
unclear whether they're ready for various reasons. For bandwidth reasons
these will likely be deferred to M2, people are just stretched too thinly to
do otherwise, frustrating as it is.
*	Big thanks to Ross for helping look at the high number of CVE issues
open against master.

Ways to contribute:

*	As people are likely aware, the project has a number of components
which are either unmaintained, or have people with little to no time trying
to keep them alive. These components include: patchtest, layerindex,
devtool, toaster, wic, oeqa, autobuilder, CROPs containers, pseudo and more.
Many have open bugs. Help is welcome in trying to better look after these
components!
*	There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*	There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.3. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.3_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.3_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*	We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.
*	Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder
intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we're continuing to
see by searching for the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
*	Help us resolve CVE issues:
<https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/> CVE metrics
*	We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is
appreciated.

YP 4.3 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 4.3 M1 build date  2023/06/05
*	YP 4.3 M1 Release date 2023/06/16
*	YP 4.3 M2 build date  2023/07/17
*	YP 4.3 M2 Release date 2023/07/28
*	YP 4.3 M3 build date  2023/08/28
*	YP 4.3 M3 Release date 2023/09/08
*	YP 4.3 M4 build date  2023/10/02
*	YP 4.3 M4 Release date 2023/10/27

Upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.1.26 build date 2023/06/19
*	YP 3.1.26 Release date 2023/06/30
*	YP 4.0.11 build date 2023/06/26
*	YP 4.0.11 Release date 2023/07/07
*	YP 4.2.2 build date 2023/07/10
*	YP 4.2.2 Release date 2023/07/21
*	YP 3.1.27 build date 2023/07/31
*	YP 3.1.27 Release date 2023/08/11
*	YP 4.0.12 build date 2023/08/07
*	YP 4.0.12 Release date 2023/08/18
*	YP 4.2.3 build date 2023/08/28
*	YP 4.2.3 Release date 2023/09/08
*	YP 3.1.28 build date 2023/09/18
*	YP 3.1.28 Release date 2023/09/29
*	YP 4.0.13 build date 2023/09/25
*	YP 4.0.13 Release date 2023/10/06
*	YP 3.1.29 build date 2023/10/30
*	YP 3.1.29 Release date 2023/11/10
*	YP 4.0.14 build date 2023/11/06
*	YP 4.0.14 Release date 2023/11/17
*	YP 4.2.4 build date 2023/11/13
*	YP 4.2.4 Release date 2023/11/24
*	YP 3.1.30 build date 2023/12/11
*	YP 3.1.30 Release date 2023/12/22
*	YP 4.0.15 build date 2023/12/18
*	YP 4.0.15 Release date 2023/12/29

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2527 (last week 2522) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1162 (last week 1160)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 271 (23%) [last week 272 (23%)]

*	 <https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/>
https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>

* Re: [yocto] Yocto Project Status 6 June 2023 (WW23)
@ 2023-06-06 14:57 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2023-06-06 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie, Stephen Jolley; +Cc: openembedded-core, yocto