yocto.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Intel G202 Lan Card Sluggishness #kirkstone  #mickledore #lan #igb
@ 2023-03-27 13:24 bgctkd
From: bgctkd @ 2023-03-27 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello -- I am currently working on an embedded system using an Intel G202 Lan card. It uses the igb driver. We are on the Kirkstone branch the ping response time is poor (on the order of hundreds of milliseconds), packet traces show packet loss and dmesg reports "Detected Tx Unit Hang". I have updated to poky master (mickledore). And with a bit of effort to I have managed to get partially functional image that I can at least configure the network interfaces with. This appears to fix the issue as I now have sub millisecond response time. We have also tried stock Ubuntu images on our platform. The Ubuntu Focal image exhibits the poor behavior, Jammy appears to have resolved the issue. I have looked at the differences as well as merged changes in the igb source code and files that appear to be "MSI" related, neither have resolved the issue. If I configure out "#CONFIG_PCI_MSI is not set" - this also corrects the issue but is not a good solution for us. Can anyone point me to where the fix for this issue is? We are presently in the process of bisecting changes to try to determine when/where the issue was resolved.