* QtWebEngine with Qt 5.4.2 and SMARC sAMX6i
@ 2016-01-04 12:30 Andreas Enbacka
From: Andreas Enbacka @ 2016-01-04 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello,

I have been able to get Qt 5.4.2  to work with Yocto 1.8 and kernel 3.10.53
for Kontron SMARC  sAMX6i. In general, it seems to work quite well, however
I have issues with the QtWebEngine module. With QtWebKit I am able to get
web pages rendered to display, however when I tried to use QtWebEngine (both
using QtWebEngineWidgets and QML plugins) I only get a black screen instead
of the web content.  Does anyone have information whether QtWebEngine should
work ok or not with Qt 5.4.2, or is some particular configuration etc.
required?

Best regards,

Andreas Enbacka

* Re: QtWebEngine with Qt 5.4.2 and SMARC sAMX6i
@ 2016-01-04 16:24 ` Johannes Pointner
From: Johannes Pointner @ 2016-01-04 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enbacka; +Cc: meta-freescale

Which backend are you using? What I experienced with i.MX6 is that the
qtwebengine wasn't working with the eglfs backend, but with wayland it
was working fine. I have to admit I used Qt 5.5 and kernel 3.14 (from
Freescale).

@ 2016-01-04 16:46   ` Andreas Enbacka
From: Andreas Enbacka @ 2016-01-04 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Pointner, meta-freescale

I am using Eglfs backend. What is easiest way to switch to wayland backend instead

Regards,
Andreas Enbacka

@ 2016-01-05 14:25     ` Johannes Pointner
From: Johannes Pointner @ 2016-01-05 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enbacka; +Cc: meta-freescale

I don't know what image you are using, but I would think that you have
to build a system like the core-image-weston and set wayland as qt
backend for the build. Of course you use your own image but then you
have to add the depencies for wayland and weston.