* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Issues with mesh routing
@ 2019-03-05 10:03 Phill Raynsford
From: Phill Raynsford @ 2019-03-05 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hi,

We're using batman-adv 2018.2 (with BATMAN IV routing algorithm) to mesh linux hosts together via wlan interfaces.
We've built our own discovery service that uses broadcast packets to announce new mesh neighbours.
Recently, our discovery service has been successfully listening to and receiving these broadcast packets, however attempting to ping any of these hosts through batctl fails. On closer inspection, the originators table is entirely empty. This suggests to me that routing is broken in some way, which is why broadcast packets seem to be transmitted OK but we can't talk to specific hosts.

Has anyone ever seen this kind of thing occur before, and perhaps to fix it? I haven't seen any suspicious messages in any of the system logs, and other batctl diagnostic outputs seem OK.

Thanks for the help,
Phill

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Issues with mesh routing
@ 2019-03-09 13:35 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2019-03-09 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n; +Cc: Phill Raynsford