* QEMU bug tracker on Launchpad
@ 2009-06-23  0:03 ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2009-06-23  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: Dustin Kirkland, kvm-devel

Dustin Kirkland was kind enough to setup a bug tracker for QEMU on
Launchpad.  I would like to make this the official QEMU bug tracker
unless there is significant objection.

There are a number of QEMU/KVM bug trackers mostly distribution centric
today.  Having a common upstream bug tracker will help immensely in
coordinating bug fixing effort for those people who are interested in
that sort of thing :-)

Here are some of the requirements I had for a bug tracker in no
particular order:

 1) minimal work required for the QEMU maintainers
 2) ability to link bugs to external bug trackers
 3) ability to control bug status via mails
 4) API for scripting

The biggest issue for me with Launchpad was that it is not open source
today.  Canonical is actively working to release the source code though
and have scheduled a date for release this July.  See the link below for
more information.

I've already begun using this bug tracker so you can look through it
today to get a feeling for what it's like.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bugs
https://dev.launchpad.net/OpenSourcing

Anthony Liguori

* [Qemu-devel] QEMU bug tracker on Launchpad
@ 2009-06-23  0:03 ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2009-06-23  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: kvm-devel, Dustin Kirkland

[...]

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU bug tracker on Launchpad
  (?)
@ 2009-06-23 17:02 ` Blue Swirl
From: Blue Swirl @ 2009-06-23 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: qemu-devel, kvm-devel, Dustin Kirkland

On 6/23/09, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Dustin Kirkland was kind enough to setup a bug tracker for QEMU on
> Launchpad.  I would like to make this the official QEMU bug tracker unless
> there is significant objection.

The links on code tab do not show which is our tree and there are some
Ubuntu trees:
https://code.launchpad.net/qemu

Can that be fixed?

@ 2009-06-23 17:09   ` Dustin Kirkland