* mini bug report
@ 2010-12-20 15:58 Xavier Nicollet
From: Xavier Nicollet @ 2010-12-20 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

I use btrfs on my laptop, 2.6.37-rc2 from kernel.org, under dm-crypt, as
/. I use space_cache and compression (not forced).

Today, my computer froze. At reboot, the kernel could not mount.
The dmesg output, which I haven't saved was speaking of a null
dereference.

After that I rebooted on 2.6.34, which was not very happy: mount errors
(space cache ?).

Now I am on 2.6.37-rc2 again, which seems to work.
So I guess it might come from space_cache.

I would note on a paper if this comes back. However if anybody has any
clue on what specific part of the dmesg should be reported, it would be
very helpfull !

Cheers,

--
Xavier Nicollet

* Re: mini bug report
@ 2010-12-20 16:12 ` Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2010-12-20 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Nicollet; +Cc: linux-btrfs

Excerpts from Xavier Nicollet's message of 2010-12-20 10:58:01 -0500:
> Hi,
>
> I use btrfs on my laptop, 2.6.37-rc2 from kernel.org, under dm-crypt, as
> /. I use space_cache and compression (not forced).
>
> Today, my computer froze. At reboot, the kernel could not mount.
> The dmesg output, which I haven't saved was speaking of a null
> dereference.
>
> After that I rebooted on 2.6.34, which was not very happy: mount errors
> (space cache ?).
>
> Now I am on 2.6.37-rc2 again, which seems to work.
> So I guess it might come from space_cache.
>
> I would note on a paper if this comes back. However if anybody has any
> clue on what specific part of the dmesg should be reported, it would be
> very helpfull !

These sound like the free space caching bugs that josef fixed.  If you
pull down the latest I think we've got it nailed.

-chris