* About the rados check command
@ 2011-07-27  7:16 doki74216
From: doki74216 @ 2011-07-27  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph

Dear Ceph,

Thanks for your answer before. That let me learn more.

Recently,I want to check the pools and the contents in the rados gateway.
So I execute "rados lspools".
Here is the massages on the screen:
============================
[root@mon1 ~]# rados lspools
data
metadata
rbd
.rgw
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
.users.uid
.users
.pool
^^^^^^^^^^^^
.log
test2
test741
test741-2
test741-3
test741-4
test741-5
test1
doki1
123
foo
anny
===========================

I am curious about the information about .rgw  .pool and .log。
                                                           ^^^^^  ^^^^^^
Therefore I execute "rados -p .rgw ls"
Here is the massages:
=================
[root@mon1 ~]# rados -p .rgw ls
.log
.pool
.users
.users.uid
test1
test2
test741
test741-2
doki1
test741-3
test741-4
test741-5
123
=================
Question(1): What is that massages that mean? What is the difference
between the massages will be showed when I type "rados lspools"?

When I execute "rados -p .pool ls"
Here is the massages:
=================
[root@mon1 ~]# rados -p .pool ls
10
11
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
6
12
9
=================
Question(2): What is the number mean?

Question(3): Likewisethe same questions above-mentioned,What is the
messages mean when I type " rados -p .log ls" ?

Thank you~

Best Regards.
Stefanie.

* Re: About the rados check command
@ 2011-07-27  7:23 ` Wido den Hollander
From: Wido den Hollander @ 2011-07-27  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: doki74216; +Cc: Ceph

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 15:16 +0800, doki74216@gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Ceph,
>
> Thanks for your answer before. That let me learn more.
>
> Recently,I want to check the pools and the contents in the rados gateway.
> So I execute "rados lspools".
> Here is the massages on the screen:
> ============================
> [root@mon1 ~]# rados lspools
> data
> metadata
> rbd
> .rgw
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> .users.uid
> .users
> .pool
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> .log
> test2
> test741
> test741-2
> test741-3
> test741-4
> test741-5
> test1
> doki1
> 123
> foo
> anny
> ===========================
>
> I am curious about the information about .rgw  .pool and .log。
>                                                            ^^^^^  ^^^^^^
> Therefore I execute "rados -p .rgw ls"
> Here is the massages:
> =================
> [root@mon1 ~]# rados -p .rgw ls
> .log
> .pool
> .users
> .users.uid
> test1
> test2
> test741
> test741-2
> doki1
> test741-3
> test741-4
> test741-5
> 123
> =================
> Question(1): What is that massages that mean? What is the difference
> between the massages will be showed when I type "rados lspools"?

lspools shows you the real RADOS pools, there the pools .rgw, .pool
and .log show meta data pools of the RADOS gateway.

> When I execute "rados -p .pool ls"
> Here is the massages:
> =================
> [root@mon1 ~]# rados -p .pool ls
> 10
> 11
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 17
> 18
> 19
> 20
> 21
> 6
> 12
> 9
> Question(2): What is the number mean?

These numbers correspond to pools that are created/managed by the RADOS
gateway. Try "ceph osd dump -o -", you'll see that those numbers are the
ID's of pools from the RADOS gateway.

> Question(3): Likewisethe same questions above-mentioned,What is the
> messages mean when I type " rados -p .log ls" ?

The .log pool holds logs from the RADOS gateway, you can extract these
logs with the radosgw_admin tool.

Wido