* confusion about IMAGE_INSTALL and getting packages into rootfs
@ 2012-04-11 18:02 Peter Tornel
From: Peter Tornel @ 2012-04-11 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm working with the poky tree, master branch.  I added a few packages to IMAGE_INSTALL in core-image-minimal.bb.  Everything builds fine, and I can see the built images in each tmp/work subdirectory for my IMAGE_INSTALL packages.

However, I find that some of the image executables that were part of the packages specified in IMAGE_INSTALL wind up in my core-image-minimal rootfs and some don't.

Is there a switch or variable that I need to set to direct all packages specified in IMAGE_INSTALL to be installed into my rootfs?

* Re: confusion about IMAGE_INSTALL and getting packages into rootfs
@ 2012-04-12  7:15 ` Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2012-04-12  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Tornel; +Cc: yocto

On 04/11/2012 11:02 AM, Peter Tornel wrote:
> I'm working with the poky tree, master branch.  I added a few packages
> to IMAGE_INSTALL in core-image-minimal.bb.  Everything builds fine, and
> I can see the built images in each tmp/work subdirectory for my
> IMAGE_INSTALL packages.
>
> However, I find that some of the image executables that were part of the
> packages specified in IMAGE_INSTALL wind up in my core-image-minimal
> rootfs and some don't.
>
> Is there a switch or variable that I need to set to direct all packages
> specified in IMAGE_INSTALL to be installed into my rootfs?

The preferred way modify the packages that get installed is via the
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL (POKY_EXTRA_INSTALL in the 1.1 edison release
and earlier) variable in your local.conf. However, modifying the recipe
itself - or writing a new image recipe that sets IMAGE_INSTALL should work.

Can you provide an example of what you have tried that doesn't work?
Keep in mind that you should be using package names here, not recipe names.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center

* Re: confusion about IMAGE_INSTALL and getting packages into rootfs
@ 2012-04-13  0:10   ` Peter Tornel
From: Peter Tornel @ 2012-04-13  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hart; +Cc: yocto

"Keep in mind that you should be using package names here, not recipe names."

Thank you for the reply Darren.  I'm not sure I understand the difference yet, but I'm working on it.

* Re: confusion about IMAGE_INSTALL and getting packages into rootfs
@ 2012-04-13  0:37     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2012-04-13  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 2012-04-12 18:10, Peter Tornel wrote:
> "Keep in mind that you should be using package names here, not recipe names."
>

> Thank you for the reply Darren. I'm not sure I understand the difference yet, but I'm working on it.

Perhaps you could send the exact setup so we might understand
better what your problem(s) are.