* Any SELinux policy development/analysis training workshops?
@ 2012-04-12 21:34 Jason Axelson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jason Axelson @ 2012-04-12 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SE-Linux

Hi,

Is there currently anywhere to get SELinux policy development and
analysis training in a workshop-type form?

The Tresys training would be great, but it looks like there aren't any
classes currently scheduled ("No classes are currently scheduled for
the 2012"):
http://www.tresys.com/education.php

There is also this Red Hat training but it looks like it is more
focused on system administration and maintenance then on policy
development and analysis:
http://www.redhat.com/training/courses/rhs429/course-exam-outline

So are there any other training opportunities out there?

Thanks,
Jason

* Re: Any SELinux policy development/analysis training workshops?
@ 2012-04-13 14:28 ` Daniel J Walsh
From: Daniel J Walsh @ 2012-04-13 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Axelson; +Cc: SE-Linux

On 04/12/2012 05:34 PM, Jason Axelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there currently anywhere to get SELinux policy development and analysis
> training in a workshop-type form?
>
> The Tresys training would be great, but it looks like there aren't any
> classes currently scheduled ("No classes are currently scheduled for the
> 2012"): http://www.tresys.com/education.php
>
> There is also this Red Hat training but it looks like it is more focused on
> system administration and maintenance then on policy development and
> analysis:
> http://www.redhat.com/training/courses/rhs429/course-exam-outline
>
> So are there any other training opportunities out there?
>
> Thanks, Jason
>
> -- This message was distributed to subscribers of the selinux mailing
> list. If you no longer wish to subscribe, send mail to
> majordomo@tycho.nsa.gov with the words "unsubscribe selinux" without quotes
> as the message.

I believe the Red Hat three day SELinux training would do a good job, not sure
when that is offered.

There are a couple of sessions at the Red Hat Summit that might help.

But I believe this is not rocket science and it is just best to jump in on a
program that does not have a policy and try to build it.  I usually recommend
you start with a system service, and work from there.

* Re: Any SELinux policy development/analysis training workshops?
@ 2012-04-13 17:00 ` Dominick Grift
From: Dominick Grift @ 2012-04-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Axelson; +Cc: SE-Linux

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 11:34 -1000, Jason Axelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there currently anywhere to get SELinux policy development and
> analysis training in a workshop-type form?

Not really what you are looking for but one can get help on IRC as well.

irc://irc.freenode.org/selinux
irc://irc.freenode.org/fedora-selinux

I have also uploaded various tutorials to Youtube that give at least
some insight. Not professional at all but it will help one get started.

It is not that hard once one is familiar with some of the fundamentals.

* Re: Any SELinux policy development/analysis training workshops?
@ 2012-05-02  3:33 ` Fred Aguirre
From: Fred Aguirre @ 2012-05-02  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Axelson; +Cc: SE-Linux