* RGW object versioning status
@ 2015-07-17  4:06 Zhou, Yuan
From: Zhou, Yuan @ 2015-07-17  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub'; +Cc: 'Ceph Devel'

Hi Yehuda,

I see there's a wiki page on RGW object versioning. And from the code looks like it's already there.
https://wiki.ceph.com/Development/RGW_Object_Versioning

But the RGW doc tells me Swift/S3 object version is not supported.

http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/swift/
http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/s3/

What is the status of this feature? Is there any doc on this?

Thanks, -yuan

* Re: RGW object versioning status
@ 2015-07-17 17:08 ` Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub
From: Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub @ 2015-07-17 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuan Zhou; +Cc: Ceph Devel

> I see there's a wiki page on RGW object versioning. And from the code looks
> like it's already there.
> https://wiki.ceph.com/Development/RGW_Object_Versioning

Right, object versioning (S3) went into hammer.

> But the RGW doc tells me Swift/S3 object version is not supported.
>
> http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/swift/
> http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/s3/
>

> What is the status of this feature? Is there any doc on this?

The docs are not up to date. The feature follows the S3 versioning api.

Yehuda