* [Buildroot] Error while build Xorg with nvidia-driver
@ 2017-08-30  6:20 Alexandre Maumené
From: Alexandre Maumené @ 2017-08-30  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I'm trying to build Xorg (with nvidia-driver) and I have this error:
[...]
checking for GLAMOR... yes
checking for GBM... no
configure: error: Glamor for Xorg requires gbm >= 10.2.0

I'm not sure to understand if I the Nvidia proprietary drivers support
gbm or not and if I actually need to build Xorg with glamor. I have
found much examples on internet on how to build buildroot with Nvidia
drivers. (but nouveau isn't really good for what I'm trying to build).

Any help would be appreciate !

* [Buildroot] Error while build Xorg with nvidia-driver
@ 2017-08-30  6:29 ` Alexandre Maumené
From: Alexandre Maumené @ 2017-08-30  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

According to this https://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-nvidia (scroll to the
bottom of the page), glamor is conflicting with nvidia-driver.
It seems to build fine with:
ifeq
($(BR2_PACKAGE_HAS_LIBGL)$(BR2_PACKAGE_LIBEPOXY)$(BR2_PACKAGE_NVIDIA_DRIVER),yyn)
instead of
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_HAS_LIBGL)$(BR2_PACKAGE_LIBEPOXY),yy)

Regards,

@ 2017-08-30  8:30   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2017-08-30  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:29:24 +0800, Alexandre Maumen? wrote:

> It seems to build fine with:
> ifeq
> ($(BR2_PACKAGE_HAS_LIBGL)$(BR2_PACKAGE_LIBEPOXY)$(BR2_PACKAGE_NVIDIA_DRIVER),yyn)

BR2_PACKAGE_NVIDIA_DRIVER will never be 'n', so it means the condition
will never be true.

What's written at https://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-nvidia is that there is
a runtime issue, not a build time issue, so it's a bit surprising.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering