* no more tar balls?
@ 2017-09-06 18:15 Uwe Kleine-König
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2017-09-06 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Li; +Cc: linux-sparse

Hello,

for Debian packages there is a tool that checks if for a given software
there is a new upstream version to automatically alert the packager. Up
to now the location being checked is

	https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/

for sparse. There however the newest release (0.5.1) is missing. Was it
just forgotten to upload a tar ball there, or did you stop explicitly
distributing tar balls?

Best regards
Uwe

* Re: no more tar balls?
@ 2017-09-06 19:02 ` Christopher Li
From: Christopher Li @ 2017-09-06 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Kleine-König; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Uwe Kleine-König <uwe@kleine-koenig.org> wrote:

>         https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/

I will need to look into how to upload to this directory.

> for sparse. There however the newest release (0.5.1) is missing. Was it
> just forgotten to upload a tar ball there, or did you stop explicitly
> distributing tar balls?

Mean while, the is tar ball for each tag:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/sparse.git/

More specificity next to tag v0.5.1
there is this link:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/sparse.git/snapshot/sparse-0.5.1.tar.gz

Chris

* Re: no more tar balls?
@ 2017-09-06 19:07   ` Uwe Kleine-König
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2017-09-06 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Li; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

Hello Christopher,

On 09/06/2017 09:02 PM, Christopher Li wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Uwe Kleine-König <uwe@kleine-koenig.org> wrote:
>>
>>         https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/
>
> I will need to look into how to upload to this directory.

If you want to rely on the automatic tars generated by cgit that would
be fine enough, I think. Just have to work out how to get the newest
archive from there.

Having said that, if you continue to use the above directory that would
be the easiest for me. And additionally there is a cryptographic
signature which is also nice.

Best regards
Uwe

* Re: no more tar balls?
@ 2017-09-07  6:19   ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2017-09-07  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Li, Uwe Kleine-König; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 15:02 -0400, Christopher Li wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Uwe Kleine-König <uwe@kleine-koenig.o
> rg> wrote:
> >
> >         https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/
>
> I will need to look into how to upload to this directory.

It's explained here:
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/kup

johannes

* Re: no more tar balls?
@ 2017-09-07 12:37     ` Christopher Li
From: Christopher Li @ 2017-09-07 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Berg; +Cc: Uwe Kleine-König, Linux-Sparse

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:19 AM, Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 15:02 -0400, Christopher Li wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Uwe Kleine-König <uwe@kleine-koenig.o
>> rg> wrote:
>> >
>> >         https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/
>>
>> I will need to look into how to upload to this directory.
>
> It's explained here:
> https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/kup

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I am looking for.
I remember I need to use an external program to do that,
It has been a while so I forget about the details.

I just book marked the page.

Thanks again.

Chris