* qemu and grub
@ 2018-10-30 21:14 Dimitris Tassopoulos
From: Dimitris Tassopoulos @ 2018-10-30 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all.

Usually I have a small x86_64 board that I test images. But for the first
time I've tried to use yocto to do some development on grub. I've used
qemu to do grub development before and I know that this works fine. I
just use grub-mkrescue to create images with my grub script and then
boot.

Now I've tried to do the same with yocto after setting these to local.conf

MACHINE ??= "qemux86"
IMAGE_FSTYPES += " wic wic.vmdk"
WKS_FILE ?= "directdisk-multi-rootfs.wks"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " grub-efi"

In my wks file I've set:
part /boot --source bootimg-efi --sourceparams="loader=grub-efi" --ondisk
sda --label boot --active --align 1024
part / --source rootfs --ondisk sda --fstype=ext4 --label platform --align
1024
part /rescue --source rootfs --ondisk sda --fstype=ext4 --label secondary
--align 1024

bootloader --ptable gpt --timeout=10 --append="rootwait rootfstype=ext4
video=vesafb vga=0x318 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8"

So, the problem is that the resulting images are using syslinux instead of
grub and also the runqemu doesn't work with the produced images and
complains the some of the parameters of the architecture is wrong.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Dimitris

* Re: qemu and grub
@ 2018-10-31  2:04 ` Mittal, Anuj
From: Mittal, Anuj @ 2018-10-31  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dimtass, yocto

On Tue, 2018-10-30 at 22:14 +0100, Dimitris Tassopoulos wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Usually I have a small x86_64 board that I test images. But for the
> first
> time I've tried to use yocto to do some development on grub. I've
> used
> qemu to do grub development before and I know that this works fine. I
> just use grub-mkrescue to create images with my grub script and then
> boot.
>
> Now I've tried to do the same with yocto after setting these to
> local.conf
>
> MACHINE ??= "qemux86"
> IMAGE_FSTYPES += " wic wic.vmdk"
> WKS_FILE ?= "directdisk-multi-rootfs.wks"
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " grub-efi"

Can you check if MACHINE_FEATURES includes efi and include and try
again if not?

Thanks,
Anuj