* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.07 released
@ 2021-07-05 15:13 Tom Rini
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-07-05 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot; +Cc: u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hey all,

It is release day and here is the v2021.07 release.  With this release
we are now at the second of our 2 years past a number of DM migration
deadlines.  Once again,  this will be the last release for a number of
boards that will be removed shortly, so that we can be done with the
migration and perform some cleanups, etc, around that area of code.
There are more migration deadlines for v2021.10.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2021.07-rc5..v2021.07
or
git log --merges v2021.04..v2021.07

The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on Monday,
July 26th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on October 4th,
2021.

I am merging the next branch to master shortly and will send a separate
email when that is done.

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2021.07 released
@ 2021-07-05 17:54 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-07-05 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot; +Cc: u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 11:13:17AM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> It is release day and here is the v2021.07 release.  With this release
> we are now at the second of our 2 years past a number of DM migration
> deadlines.  Once again,  this will be the last release for a number of
> boards that will be removed shortly, so that we can be done with the
> migration and perform some cleanups, etc, around that area of code.
> There are more migration deadlines for v2021.10.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2021.07-rc5..v2021.07
> or
> git log --merges v2021.04..v2021.07
>
> The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on Monday,
> July 26th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on October 4th,
> 2021.
>
> I am merging the next branch to master shortly and will send a separate
> email when that is done.

next has been merged in to master now.

--

@ 2021-07-06  6:41 ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2021-07-06  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:13 AM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> It is release day and here is the v2021.07 release.
>
> The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on Monday,
> July 26th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on October 4th,
> 2021.
>
> I am merging the next branch to master shortly and will send a separate
> email when that is done.

Is there something I forgot to do in order to get my lpc32xx series in?
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=248264

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2021.07 released
@ 2021-07-06  8:55 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2021-07-06  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini; +Cc: u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Dear Tom,

In message <20210705151317.GW9516@bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> It is release day and here is the v2021.07 release.  With this release
> we are now at the second of our 2 years past a number of DM migration
> deadlines.  Once again,  this will be the last release for a number of
> boards that will be removed shortly, so that we can be done with the
> migration and perform some cleanups, etc, around that area of code.
> There are more migration deadlines for v2021.10.

The release statistics can be found at the usual place [1].

[1] https://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/UbootStat_2021_07

Here a short summary:

Changes since v2021.04:

   * Processed 1730 csets from 187 developers
   * 29 employers found
   * A total of 402449 lines added, 82710 removed (delta 319739)

Developers with the most changesets
Simon Glass                293 (16.9%)
Aaron Williams              90 (5.2%)
Tom Rini                    81 (4.7%)
Heinrich Schuchardt         66 (3.8%)
Bin Meng                    64 (3.7%)
Marek Vasut                 59 (3.4%)
Stefan Roese                51 (2.9%)
Marek Behún                48 (2.8%)
Sean Anderson               43 (2.5%)
Patrick Delaunay            38 (2.2%)

Developers with the most changed lines
Aaron Williams            237557 (52.4%)
Dave Gerlach              45086 (10.0%)
Tom Rini                  44582 (9.8%)
Simon Glass               14090 (3.1%)
Tim Harvey                11805 (2.6%)
Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu)   9433 (2.1%)
Michal Simek              8190 (1.8%)
Green Wan                 5339 (1.2%)
Stefan Roese              5268 (1.2%)
Jagan Teki                5124 (1.1%)

Developers with the most lines removed
Tom Rini                  42586 (51.5%)
Grzegorz Jaszczyk         1248 (1.5%)
Daniel Schwierzeck         626 (0.8%)
Jacky Bai                  159 (0.2%)
Reinoud Zandijk             66 (0.1%)
Harald Seiler               51 (0.1%)
jinghua                     47 (0.1%)
Andrey Zhizhikin            40 (0.0%)
Chan, Donald                35 (0.0%)
Yangbo Lu                   28 (0.0%)

Developers with the most signoffs (total 303)
Stefan Roese               118 (38.9%)
Peng Fan                    44 (14.5%)
Andre Przywara              22 (7.3%)
Michal Simek                19 (6.3%)
Heinrich Schuchardt         10 (3.3%)
Dave Gerlach                 7 (2.3%)
Marek Vasut                  6 (2.0%)
Lokesh Vutla                 6 (2.0%)
Priyanka Jain                5 (1.7%)
Sebastian Reichel            5 (1.7%)

Developers with the most reviews (total 754)
Simon Glass                146 (19.4%)
Priyanka Jain               75 (9.9%)
Stefan Roese                56 (7.4%)
Heinrich Schuchardt         48 (6.4%)
Bin Meng                    45 (6.0%)
Ramon Fried                 37 (4.9%)
Patrick Delaunay            31 (4.1%)
Patrice Chotard             24 (3.2%)
Rick Chen                   24 (3.2%)
Jaehoon Chung               23 (3.1%)

Developers with the most test credits (total 61)
Peter Robinson              13 (21.3%)
Bin Meng                     4 (6.6%)
Vladimir Oltean              3 (4.9%)
Kostya Porotchkin            3 (4.9%)
Padmarao Begari              3 (4.9%)
Tim Harvey                   3 (4.9%)
Patrick Delaunay             2 (3.3%)
Ilias Apalodimas             2 (3.3%)
Harm Berntsen                2 (3.3%)
Samuel Holland               2 (3.3%)

Developers who gave the most tested-by credits (total 61)
Arnaud Patard (Rtp)          9 (14.8%)
Bin Meng                     5 (8.2%)
Simon Glass                  5 (8.2%)
Marek Behún                 4 (6.6%)
Vladimir Oltean              3 (4.9%)
Andre Przywara               3 (4.9%)
Marcin Wojtas                3 (4.9%)
Marek Vasut                  2 (3.3%)
Ye Li                        2 (3.3%)
Wasim Khan                   2 (3.3%)

Developers with the most report credits (total 27)
B1oHazard                    3 (11.1%)
Heinrich Schuchardt          2 (7.4%)
Oleksandr Suvorov            2 (7.4%)
Damien Le Moal               2 (7.4%)
Matwey Kornilov              2 (7.4%)
Marek Behún                 1 (3.7%)
Marek Vasut                  1 (3.7%)
Tom Rini                     1 (3.7%)
Samuel Holland               1 (3.7%)
Sean Anderson                1 (3.7%)

Developers who gave the most report credits (total 27)
Tom Rini                     4 (14.8%)
Neil Armstrong               4 (14.8%)
Sean Anderson                3 (11.1%)
Simon Glass                  3 (11.1%)
Patrick Delaunay             2 (7.4%)
Rasmus Villemoes             2 (7.4%)
Qu Wenruo                    2 (7.4%)
Bin Meng                     1 (3.7%)
Andre Przywara               1 (3.7%)
Fabio Estevam                1 (3.7%)

Top changeset contributors by employer
(Unknown)                  629 (36.4%)
Google, Inc.               293 (16.9%)
Marvell                    124 (7.2%)
NXP                        116 (6.7%)
DENX Software Engineering  103 (6.0%)
Konsulko Group              81 (4.7%)
Texas Instruments           79 (4.6%)
Xilinx                      49 (2.8%)
Linaro                      47 (2.7%)
BayLibre SAS                41 (2.4%)

Top lines changed by employer
Marvell                   241819 (53.4%)
Texas Instruments         50334 (11.1%)
Konsulko Group            44582 (9.8%)
(Unknown)                 42381 (9.4%)
Google, Inc.              14090 (3.1%)
Linaro                    12952 (2.9%)
NXP                       10413 (2.3%)
Xilinx                    8712 (1.9%)
DENX Software Engineering 7161 (1.6%)
Amarula Solutions         5089 (1.1%)

Employers with the most signoffs (total 303)
DENX Software Engineering  118 (38.9%)
NXP                         61 (20.1%)
(Unknown)                   31 (10.2%)
ARM                         22 (7.3%)
Xilinx                      20 (6.6%)
Texas Instruments           18 (5.9%)
Marvell                      8 (2.6%)
CompuLab                     6 (2.0%)
Collabora Ltd.               5 (1.7%)
Konsulko Group               3 (1.0%)

Employers with the most hackers (total 190)
(Unknown)                   85 (44.7%)
NXP                         27 (14.2%)
Marvell                     10 (5.3%)
Texas Instruments            9 (4.7%)
Linaro                       8 (4.2%)
DENX Software Engineering    7 (3.7%)
Xilinx                       7 (3.7%)
ARM                          3 (1.6%)
Intel                        3 (1.6%)
Toradex                      3 (1.6%)

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as
easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come  true,  since  I  no
longer know how to use my telephone.

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2021.07 released
@ 2021-07-06 13:06   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-07-06 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner

On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 02:41:45AM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:13 AM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
>
> > It is release day and here is the v2021.07 release.
> >
> > The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on Monday,
> > July 26th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on October 4th,
> > 2021.
> >
> > I am merging the next branch to master shortly and will send a separate
> > email when that is done.
> >

> Is there something I forgot to do in order to get my lpc32xx series in?
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=248264

A good question.  I had hoped to get a chance to pickup platform stuff
for next, but did not.  My plan right now is:
- General CI updates (now in)
- Update to gcc-11/clang-11 (I know clang-12 is out, but, one step at a
  time) which I'm testing now.
- Platform updates
- Kick-around how USB_HOST is used, to deal with the DM_USB migration
  deadline warning for Nokia N900
- Platform removals

--

@ 2021-07-06 13:09     ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2021-07-06 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 9:06 AM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 02:41:45AM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:13 AM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It is release day and here is the v2021.07 release.
> > >
> > > The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on Monday,
> > > July 26th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on October 4th,
> > > 2021.
> > >
> > > I am merging the next branch to master shortly and will send a separate
> > > email when that is done.
> > >

> > Is there something I forgot to do in order to get my lpc32xx series in?
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=248264
>
> A good question.  I had hoped to get a chance to pickup platform stuff
> for next, but did not.  My plan right now is:
> - General CI updates (now in)
> - Update to gcc-11/clang-11 (I know clang-12 is out, but, one step at a
>   time) which I'm testing now.
> - Platform updates
> - Kick-around how USB_HOST is used, to deal with the DM_USB migration
>   deadline warning for Nokia N900
> - Platform removals

Great, thanks for the update :-)