* Update DSS2 patches for latest kernel changes
@ 2009-11-02 15:02 Hiremath, Vaibhav
From: Hiremath, Vaibhav @ 2009-11-02 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomi.valkeinen; +Cc: linux-omap

Hi Tomi,

(Tomi, Sorry for resending it again, somehow last mail did not reach to list, so sending it again by removing patches attached.)

DSS2 patches needs to be updated against the latest kernel changes, especially after commit "omap: headers: Move remaining headers from include/mach to include/plat"

Since this patch has already merged to "for-next", I have done required modification to your commits (for both master and pm branch), keeping rest of the stuff as is.
I could able to validate it only on OMAP3EVM (since I don't have other EVMs) with DPI/Venc interface.

If you could validate rest of the interfaces then we can update the DSS2 branch with latest kernel.

You can access the patches from the repository -

http://arago-project.org/git/people/?p=vaibhav/ti-psp-omap-video.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti_display

Thanks,
Vaibhav

* Re: Update DSS2 patches for latest kernel changes
@ 2009-11-03  8:54 ` Tomi Valkeinen
From: Tomi Valkeinen @ 2009-11-03  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ext Hiremath, Vaibhav; +Cc: linux-omap

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 16:02 +0100, ext Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
> Hi Tomi,
>
> (Tomi, Sorry for resending it again, somehow last mail did not reach to list, so sending it again by removing patches attached.)
>
> DSS2 patches needs to be updated against the latest kernel changes, especially after commit "omap: headers: Move remaining headers from include/mach to include/plat"
>
> Since this patch has already merged to "for-next", I have done required modification to your commits (for both master and pm branch), keeping rest of the stuff as is.
> I could able to validate it only on OMAP3EVM (since I don't have other EVMs) with DPI/Venc interface.
>
> If you could validate rest of the interfaces then we can update the DSS2 branch with latest kernel.
>
> You can access the patches from the repository -
>
> http://arago-project.org/git/people/?p=vaibhav/ti-psp-omap-video.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti_display

Thanks, although I have already done that =). I'm in the process of
integrating new patches (mostly VRFB and DSI fixes) to the DSS patch
set. When I'm done I'll post them.

 Tomi

* RE: Update DSS2 patches for latest kernel changes
@ 2009-11-03  9:02   ` Hiremath, Vaibhav
From: Hiremath, Vaibhav @ 2009-11-03  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
> On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 16:02 +0100, ext Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
> > Hi Tomi,
> >
> > (Tomi, Sorry for resending it again, somehow last mail did not
> reach to list, so sending it again by removing patches attached.)
> >
> > DSS2 patches needs to be updated against the latest kernel
> changes, especially after commit "omap: headers: Move remaining
> headers from include/mach to include/plat"
> >
> > Since this patch has already merged to "for-next", I have done
> required modification to your commits (for both master and pm
> branch), keeping rest of the stuff as is.
> > I could able to validate it only on OMAP3EVM (since I don't have
> other EVMs) with DPI/Venc interface.
> >
> > If you could validate rest of the interfaces then we can update
> the DSS2 branch with latest kernel.
> >
> > You can access the patches from the repository -
> >
> > http://arago-project.org/git/people/?p=vaibhav/ti-psp-omap-
> video.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti_display
>
> Thanks, although I have already done that =).
[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I cross-checked your repository and could not find anything there, so I started rebasing it myself.

Anyway, please let me know once you are done with it.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

@ 2009-11-04  9:25     ` Tomi Valkeinen
From: Tomi Valkeinen @ 2009-11-04  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ext Hiremath, Vaibhav; +Cc: linux-omap

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 10:02 +0100, ext Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
> [...]

I'm not done with it yet, but I pushed the current tree, based on
linux-next, to master-new branch in
git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux.git (Actually, it's still
pushing... Either gitorious or Nokia's proxies are really slow today).

That branch has been squashed with all the latest changes. I need to do
more testing, but it seemed to work with a board with a DSI display. SDP
also boots fine, but the LCD has (again) a green tint. And using DSI PLL
for pixel clock didn't seem to work. I guess there's (again) some power
missing. I hope I'll have time next week to go through these.

I was planning to also publish the non-squashed branch, but I seem to
have messed things up a bit and I don't have that branch saved. I can
try harder to find it if someone requests it. But as a hint what's been
changed since the last major squash, here's a list of commit names which
will probably give an idea. Mostly VRFB and DSI things:

Taal: Handle error when initializing panel
Taal: fix too long line
Taal: allow interrupting of memory read
Taal: Implement ESD check
Taal: Add missing field initialization
DSS2: OMAPFB: remove full screen update from SETUP_PLANE ioctl
DSS2: DSI: fix DDR_CLK_POST timing
DSS2: DSI: Add error handling for DSI init
DSS2: Add error print when fclk too low for scaling
DSS2: DSI: define DSI PLL divisors explicitely
DSS2: restructure clock handling and improve clk debug prints
DSS2: OMAPFB: Fix VRFB and mode changing
DSS2: VRFB: Add yuv_mode flag to vrfb data
DSS2: DSI: increase HS_TX timeout
DSS2: Disable all devices on shutdown
DSS2: Add timeouts to SDI PLL programming
DSS2: OMAPFB: implement OMAPFB_SET_TEARSYNC ioctl
DSS2: OMAPFB: Fix OMAPFB_GET_CAPS ioctl
DSS2: Add OMAP_DSS_DISPLAY_CAP_TEAR_ELIM display capability
DSS2: DSI: Adjust line buffer usage
DSS2: DSI: Adjust fifo thresholds to more optimal
DSS2: DSI: handle errors in dsi_init()
DSS2: DSI: fix problem with odd update widths
DSS2: DSI: fix checkpatch error
DSS2: OMAPFB: return error value from update_window ioctl
DSS2: Export omapfb_update_window for SGX driver use
DSS2: DSI: configure DSI_PLL_FREQSEL properly
DSS2: DSI: print possible DSI errors after framedone
DSS2: DSI: Fix set_update_mode
DSS2: DSI: make a better job in calculating DSI timeouts
DSS2: DSI: Calculate pck properly from TxByteClkHS
DSS2: Add more clock debug prints
DSS2: DSI: re-set update area after memory read
DSS2: DSI: Send BTA after set_max_rx_packet_size
DSS2: DSI: Add TX fifo reset when timeout happens
DSS2: add missing function prototype to omapfb.h
DSS2: DSI: Add functionality to catch missing TE
DSS2: DISPC: flush posted write in irq handler
DSS2: DSI: flush posted writes in irq handler
DSS2: add missing parenthesis for macros
DSS2: DSI: fix unnecessary framedone timeout
DSS2: OMAPFB: VRFB fixes
DSS2: VRFB: fix compilation when DEBUG defined
DSS2: OMAPFB: Setup VRFB before mapping rotated views
DSS2: OMAPFB: Separate VRFB setup from fixed parameter setup
DSS2: VRFB: Store the resolution for the context
DSS2: VRFB: Provide means for mapping the rotated views
DSS2: VRFB: Reduce the physical memory requirement
DSS2: OMAPFB: Consult VRFB for framebuffer size requirements
DSS2: VRFB: Provide memory requirements for given resolution
DSS2: OMAPFB: Split triggering of resizing into a new function
DSS2: OMAPFB: Split resolution reduction into separate functions
DSS2: OMAPFB: Split resolution bounds checking into a new function
DSS2: Reject invalid color modes
DSS2: Add RGB12U where appropriate
DSS2: OMAPFB: Remove unused variable
DSS2: Remove useless checks from pan_display
DSS2: Add symbolic names for rotation angles
DSS2: Advertise only the supported color modes
DSS2: Add some OMAP2 checks
DSS2: Add color_mode_to_bpp() helper
DSS2: remove VRFB suspend/resume

 Tomi

* RE: Update DSS2 patches for latest kernel changes
@ 2009-11-04  9:32       ` Artem Bityutskiy
From: Artem Bityutskiy @ 2009-11-04  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomi Valkeinen; +Cc: ext Hiremath, Vaibhav, linux-omap

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 11:25 +0200, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 10:02 +0100, ext Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:

A side note. I suggest you to send DSS2 once again for review to
lkml/linux-omap. Even if you do not get comments, it is good to have
just yet another "it was sent out here" reference, which you can put to
your pull request later.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)

* RE: Update DSS2 patches for latest kernel changes
@ 2009-11-04  9:36       ` Hiremath, Vaibhav
From: Hiremath, Vaibhav @ 2009-11-04  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomi Valkeinen; +Cc: linux-omap

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Thanks for the update, I will pull it and merge EVM support on this. I will validate it on EVM.

> That branch has been squashed with all the latest changes. I need to
> do
> more testing, but it seemed to work with a board with a DSI display.
> SDP
> also boots fine, but the LCD has (again) a green tint. And using DSI
> PLL
> for pixel clock didn't seem to work. I guess there's (again) some
> power
> missing. I hope I'll have time next week to go through these.

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] If you could share all the current active development with me, I can help you validating this on EVM.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

@ 2009-11-04  9:44         ` Tomi Valkeinen
From: Tomi Valkeinen @ 2009-11-04  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dedekind1; +Cc: ext Hiremath, Vaibhav, linux-omap

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 10:32 +0100, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> [...]

Yes, that's my plan. I just need to find time to test things first (and
fix those couple SDP problems), before posting it for review.

 Tomi