* 2.6.34-rc3++ looses PS2 keyboard eventually in xterms
@ 2010-04-07 22:40 Hans-Peter Jansen
From: Hans-Peter Jansen @ 2010-04-07 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

after switching to 2.6.34-rc3 with follow ups added up to 5e11611a (e.g.
including the tty fix), I still suffer from "loosing" my PS2 keyboard
eventually during work in xterms (which I do use a lot). Everything else,
ssh'ing from remotes, mouse operations, even mouse clicks into xterms is
still functional, e.g. I'm able to quit htop by clicking on F10. Just every
direct keyboard input is lost, without a trace in syslog, as well as
Alt-SysReq sequences. echo r > /proc/sysrq-trigger doesn't show any effects
either. AFAICT, it doesn't happen with older kernels (2.6.33.2/2.6.27.y).

OS/Hardware:
openSUSE 11.1/i586, KDE3, ASUS P7P55-WS, Xeon X3460, 4 GB.

Any hint on how to debug such an issue is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

* Re: 2.6.34-rc3++ looses PS2 keyboard eventually in xterms
@ 2010-04-08 13:08 ` Hans-Peter Jansen
From: Hans-Peter Jansen @ 2010-04-08 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Dmitry Torokhov

On Thursday 08 April 2010, 00:40:41 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after switching to 2.6.34-rc3 with follow ups added up to 5e11611a (e.g.
> including the tty fix), I still suffer from "loosing" my PS2 keyboard
> eventually during work in xterms (which I do use a lot). Everything else,
> ssh'ing from remotes, mouse operations, even mouse clicks into xterms is
> still functional, e.g. I'm able to quit htop by clicking on F10. Just
> every direct keyboard input is lost, without a trace in syslog, as well
> as Alt-SysReq sequences. echo r > /proc/sysrq-trigger doesn't show any
> effects either. AFAICT, it doesn't happen with older kernels
> (2.6.33.2/2.6.27.y).

Correction: 2.6.33.2 is affected as well. Problem is, I don't know a
procedure, that reproduces the issue reliable, thus bisecting is not an
option.

sysrq triggered process and lock state trace (when the keyboard was "lost")
is available here: ftp://urpla.net/xrated-kbd-lockup

Dmitry, I've CC'ed you, since you seems the premier guy for input related
issues. Do you have an idea? I guess, that my hardware setup isn't that
uncommon, my keyboard is a "solid as a rock" Cherry G80, btw.