* [Buildroot] Valgrind compilation, with patch 3.5.0, need help
@ 2010-06-14 15:10 Damien Borie
From: Damien Borie @ 2010-06-14 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I Have to add Valgrind to my distribution to debug my programs. The
version in buildroot doesn't compile because it needs glibc 2.2 -2.5,
and I have 2.9. So I tried with the patch to bump to Valgrind 3.5.0. But
it ask me fro a file to patch, and I don't understand what I must type
to apply correctly the patch and compile Valgrind. In the match itself,
I cannot see indications about this file to choose.

Please, can somebody help me?

Damien Borie

TERAWATT / AENERGIA S.A.S.
ZA DUBOSCOA
64990 Villefranque
FRANCE

tel : +33 (0)5 59 44 26 08
fax : +33 (0)5 59 31 15 11

* [Buildroot] Valgrind compilation, with patch 3.5.0, need help
@ 2010-06-14 15:37 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2010-06-14 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:10:41 +0200
Damien Borie <dbe@terawatt.fr> wrote:

> I Have to add Valgrind to my distribution to debug my programs. The
> version in buildroot doesn't compile because it needs glibc 2.2 -2.5,
> and I have 2.9. So I tried with the patch to bump to Valgrind 3.5.0.
> But it ask me fro a file to patch, and I don't understand what I must
> type to apply correctly the patch and compile Valgrind. In the match
> itself, I cannot see indications about this file to choose.

What is your target architecture ? Remember that Valgrind only works on
x86, x86_64 and PowerPC 32/64.

Moreover, I don't really see how Valgrind in Buildroot would depend on
a particular version of glibc. Can you be more specific about what
you're doing and the exact result of the commands you're using ?

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com