* BUG: git-p4: can't add files with special chars
@ 2011-12-12 20:48 Luke Diamand
From: Luke Diamand @ 2011-12-12 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Git List

I just noticed this today. You can't add a file from git to perforce
that contains a p4 special character (@,#,% or *).

There is code to cope going the other way round (p4 file with special
character in it) but if you create a file in git and then try to git-p4
submit, it fails.

I've just tried a quick and simple fix, and it turns out that it's not
that easy as the special characters get expanded to %40, %2A and so-on.
The % seems to get further expanded by python...

Luke

* Re: BUG: git-p4: can't add files with special chars
@ 2011-12-17 13:27 ` Pete Wyckoff
From: Pete Wyckoff @ 2011-12-17 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke Diamand; +Cc: Git List

luke@diamand.org wrote on Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:48 +0000:
> I just noticed this today. You can't add a file from git to perforce
> that contains a p4 special character (@,#,% or *).
>
> There is code to cope going the other way round (p4 file with
> special character in it) but if you create a file in git and then
> try to git-p4 submit, it fails.
>
> I've just tried a quick and simple fix, and it turns out that it's
> not that easy as the special characters get expanded to %40, %2A and
> so-on. The % seems to get further expanded by python...

Entertaining.  Probably p4_add() and friends should stop using
system.  And add option "-f" when wildcards are detected.  I
wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a larger set of issues.

		-- Pete