* Unknown ALPS device
@ 2014-02-27 15:46 Hanno Böck
From: Hanno Böck @ 2014-02-27 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

I have an IBM Thinkpad T61 laptop and dmesg shows me this:
psmouse serio2: alps: Unknown ALPS touchpad: E7=10 00 64, EC=10 00 64

Now the touchpad works, but this message sounds like it'd make sense to
add it to the table in alps.c (?).

I'd gladly assist if this would improve anything.

cu,
--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno@hboeck.de
GPG: BBB51E42

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Unknown ALPS device
@ 2014-02-27 16:28 ` shawn wilson
From: shawn wilson @ 2014-02-27 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hanno Böck; +Cc: linux-input

What kernel are you running? My ALPS device is identified correctly
and seems to work on 3.13 (IIRC, it also worked with 3.12 but not
before).

There's also this (I didn't write it, just modified it to work with
lesser kernel versions - linking to this version because i know where
it is off hand):
https://github.com/ag4ve/psmouse-alps

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Hanno Böck <hanno@hboeck.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an IBM Thinkpad T61 laptop and dmesg shows me this:
> psmouse serio2: alps: Unknown ALPS touchpad: E7=10 00 64, EC=10 00 64
>
> Now the touchpad works, but this message sounds like it'd make sense to
> add it to the table in alps.c (?).
>
> I'd gladly assist if this would improve anything.
>
> cu,
> --
> Hanno Böck
> http://hboeck.de/
>
> mail/jabber: hanno@hboeck.de
> GPG: BBB51E42

* Re: Unknown ALPS device
@ 2014-02-27 16:30   ` Hanno Böck
From: Hanno Böck @ 2014-02-27 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shawn wilson; +Cc: linux-input

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:28:10 -0500
shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> wrote:

> What kernel are you running? My ALPS device is identified correctly
> and seems to work on 3.13 (IIRC, it also worked with 3.12 but not
> before).

3.13 also here.

Just to make it clear: The device works. It just shows me a message
that I'd consider a warning that the device is "Unknown" and it might
be better (support more features?) if the kernel new about it and
wouldn't consider it unknown.

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno@hboeck.de
GPG: BBB51E42

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Unknown ALPS device
@ 2014-03-05 13:00 Tommy Will
>> What kernel are you running? My ALPS device is identified correctly
>> and seems to work on 3.13 (IIRC, it also worked with 3.12 but not
>> before).
>
> 3.13 also here.
>
> Just to make it clear: The device works. It just shows me a message that I'd consider a warning that the device is "Unknown"
> and it might be better (support more features?) if the kernel new about it and wouldn't consider it unknown.

Hi Hanno,

I checked touchpad driver of ThinkPad T61 on Lenovo's website and
found it seems use Synaptics's device.
Maybe that's why ALPS kernel driver could not recognize it correctly.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-67853
# Please search by keyword "Mouse".

Thanks
--