* sparse 0.5.0 release?
@ 2014-02-27  1:42 Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2014-02-27  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparse; +Cc: linux-sparse

Hi Christopher,

I see that sparse 0.5.0 has been tagged in git, yet there is no tarballs
on kernel.org for it for distros to package up.  Any ideas when that
would happen?

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: sparse 0.5.0 release?
@ 2014-02-27 20:06 ` Christopher Li
From: Christopher Li @ 2014-02-27 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I see that sparse 0.5.0 has been tagged in git, yet there is no tarballs
> on kernel.org for it for distros to package up.  Any ideas when that
> would happen?

As soon as I refresh my kup skills? I just put the sparse 0.5.0 tar file
under:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/

It should be there by now.

Chris

* Re: sparse 0.5.0 release?
@ 2014-02-27 20:32   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2014-02-27 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Li; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:06:39PM -0800, Christopher Li wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > I see that sparse 0.5.0 has been tagged in git, yet there is no tarballs
> > on kernel.org for it for distros to package up.  Any ideas when that
> > would happen?
>
> As soon as I refresh my kup skills? I just put the sparse 0.5.0 tar file
> under:
>
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/
>
> It should be there by now.

Yes, I see it there now, thanks so much for this.

greg k-h

* Re: sparse 0.5.0 release?
@ 2014-03-04 13:44     ` Jeff Layton
From: Jeff Layton @ 2014-03-04 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Li; +Cc: Greg KH, Linux-Sparse

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:32:52 -0800
Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:06:39PM -0800, Christopher Li wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I see that sparse 0.5.0 has been tagged in git, yet there is no tarballs
> > > on kernel.org for it for distros to package up.  Any ideas when that
> > > would happen?
> >
> > As soon as I refresh my kup skills? I just put the sparse 0.5.0 tar file
> > under:
> >
> > https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/
> >
> > It should be there by now.
>
> Yes, I see it there now, thanks so much for this.
>
> greg k-h

Yes, thanks!

It also might be nice to have an explicit announcement of the releases
on the mailing list as well. I saw the announcement of 0.5.0-rc1, but
missed the fact that the "official" 0.5.0 release had occurred.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>