* new stuff for 3.18 needs to be posted _now_
@ 2014-10-02 18:52 John W. Linville
From: John W. Linville @ 2014-10-02 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

You may have noticed that Linus has released 3.17-rc7.  So, the merge
window for 3.18 is around the corner!

For those that need a reminder, the opening of the merge window is
a _deadline_ for new features.  Once the merge window opens, only
fixes will be accepted for 3.18.  In fact, any non-fix patches need to
already be in wireless-next when the merge window opens if you want
them in 3.18.  That means you need to get them posted _now_, so they
can be reviewed and I can find time to merge them before the deadline.

In fact, at this point I'm can't be sure that I will have enough
time to merge anything else in time for the window.  Linus has been
a bit unclear about how this merge window will be handled, so YMMV --
we may have to play this one by ear...

You have been warned...this means you!

John
linville@tuxdriver.com			might be all we have.  Be ready.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-10-02 19:00 UTC | newest]