* [Buildroot] Clone from HTTPS URL gave error 403
@ 2020-05-19 21:07 Hsiao, Michael
From: Hsiao, Michael @ 2020-05-19 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I was getting an error 403 when I tried to git clone from the recommended HTTPS URL last week, but now it seems to be working again. What's the best way to get notified or check if there is downtime?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Clone from HTTPS URL gave error 403
@ 2020-05-19 21:21 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-05-19 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Michael,

On Tue, 19 May 2020 21:07:53 +0000
"Hsiao, Michael" <michael.hsiao@intel.com> wrote:

> I was getting an error 403 when I tried to git clone from the
> recommended HTTPS URL last week, but now it seems to be working
> again. What's the best way to get notified or check if there is
> downtime?

Could you indicate which URL specifically you've tried?

In any case, keep in mind that we have a mirror on Github, which is
updated from the official repository every 10 minutes.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Clone from HTTPS URL gave error 403
@ 2020-05-19 21:34   ` Hsiao, Michael
From: Hsiao, Michael @ 2020-05-19 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Thomas,

Here's the URL I used: https://git.busybox.net/buildroot

This is the error from Git Bash on Friday:
$ git clone https://git.busybox.net/buildroot
Cloning into 'buildroot'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/': The requested URL returned error: 403

Thanks,
Michael

@ 2020-05-19 21:37     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-05-19 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Tue, 19 May 2020 21:34:48 +0000
"Hsiao, Michael" <michael.hsiao@intel.com> wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> Here's the URL I used: https://git.busybox.net/buildroot
>
> This is the error from Git Bash on Friday:
> $ git clone https://git.busybox.net/buildroot
> Cloning into 'buildroot'...
> fatal: unable to access 'https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/': The requested URL returned error: 403

I know there's been recently some sysadmin work done on the server that
hosts our Git server, that might explain it.

As I said, you can also use https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot.

Best regards,

Thomas
--

@ 2020-05-19 21:54       ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2020-05-19 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > On Tue, 19 May 2020 21:34:48 +0000
 > "Hsiao, Michael" <michael.hsiao@intel.com> wrote:

 >> Hello Thomas,
 >>
 >> Here's the URL I used: https://git.busybox.net/buildroot
 >>
 >> This is the error from Git Bash on Friday:
 >> $ git clone https://git.busybox.net/buildroot
 >> Cloning into 'buildroot'...
 >> fatal: unable to access 'https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/': The requested URL returned error: 403

 > I know there's been recently some sysadmin work done on the server that
 > hosts our Git server, that might explain it.

 > As I said, you can also use https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot.

This was unfortunately an issue introduced when smart mirroring over
HTTP was added. It should be fixed again now.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard