* [Buildroot] Help adding support for Dragonboard 410c
@ 2020-10-26  2:46 Mike Frampton
From: Mike Frampton @ 2020-10-26  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I have been working on adding support for the Qualcomm Dragonboard
410c SBC. I have a working, minimal config.

My config builds an abootimg kernel image, which can be booted via SD
card or USB. The patch adds a package for Qualcomm's BSP for the
device.

This is my first time using Buildroot (coming from OE previously and
this is much more my cup of tea :-).

My patch touches a couple of packages. Should I break each
package-change into a separate patch before posting here?

Cheers,
--Mike Frampton

* [Buildroot] Help adding support for Dragonboard 410c
@ 2020-10-26  8:29 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-10-26  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Mike,

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 15:46:44 +1300
Mike Frampton <mikeframpo@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been working on adding support for the Qualcomm Dragonboard
> 410c SBC. I have a working, minimal config.
>
> My config builds an abootimg kernel image, which can be booted via SD
> card or USB. The patch adds a package for Qualcomm's BSP for the
> device.
>
> This is my first time using Buildroot (coming from OE previously and
> this is much more my cup of tea :-).

Glad to hear that you found Buildroot useful for your project!

> My patch touches a couple of packages. Should I break each
> package-change into a separate patch before posting here?

Yes, we generally like contributions to be split up in several patches
if they touch several areas/packages.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Help adding support for Dragonboard 410c
@ 2020-10-26 21:07   ` Mike Frampton
From: Mike Frampton @ 2020-10-26 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for that, I'll prepare my patch and post it here soon.

--Mike