* Looking for a good gmail alternative for kernel lists
@ 2020-12-27  8:11 Sebastian Fricke
From: Sebastian Fricke @ 2020-12-27  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,

I am currently looking for a good (paid) alternative to gmail. I get
more and more problems with gmails authentication policy, as I don't
want to depend on having a phone. And also I have decided that I don't
want to pay with my privacy.
The problem is that I tried out quite a lot of mail providers in the
past (gmx, vivaldi, yahoo, yandex etc.) and most of them were not able
to subscribe to kernel mailing lists, as they were rejected.
Can someone suggest me a good mail provider that is proven to work
kernel mailing lists?

Greetings,
Sebastian

* Re: Looking for a good gmail alternative for kernel lists
@ 2020-12-27  8:50 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2020-12-27  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Fricke; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 09:11:39AM +0100, Sebastian Fricke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently looking for a good (paid) alternative to gmail. I get
> more and more problems with gmails authentication policy, as I don't
> want to depend on having a phone. And also I have decided that I don't
> want to pay with my privacy.
> The problem is that I tried out quite a lot of mail providers in the
> past (gmx, vivaldi, yahoo, yandex etc.) and most of them were not able
> to subscribe to kernel mailing lists, as they were rejected.
> Can someone suggest me a good mail provider that is proven to work
> kernel mailing lists?

fastmail.fm is great, highly recommended.

* Re: Looking for a good gmail alternative for kernel lists
@ 2020-12-28  6:06   ` Sebastian Fricke
From: Sebastian Fricke @ 2020-12-28  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: bozkiru, onurati, kernelnewbies

On 27.12.2020 09:50, Greg KH wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 09:11:39AM +0100, Sebastian Fricke wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently looking for a good (paid) alternative to gmail. I get
>> more and more problems with gmails authentication policy, as I don't
>> want to depend on having a phone. And also I have decided that I don't
>> want to pay with my privacy.
>> The problem is that I tried out quite a lot of mail providers in the
>> past (gmx, vivaldi, yahoo, yandex etc.) and most of them were not able
>> to subscribe to kernel mailing lists, as they were rejected.
>> Can someone suggest me a good mail provider that is proven to work
>> kernel mailing lists?
>
>fastmail.fm is great, highly recommended.

Thank you all for the quick responses :)