* What Device Deriver Developers Do?
@ 2021-05-23 16:59 Hyeonggon Yoo
From: Hyeonggon Yoo @ 2021-05-23 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello, I've read some books (Linux Device Drivers, or Linux Kernel Development)
OK, So now I know a little bit more about linux internals..

Yeah, I thought I should know about the hardware to develop device driver.
because I'm interested in hdd and ssd, so I tried to read ATA specification.
but I don't understand EVERY sentence of that document...

Is there something I'm missing, like I should learn electronic circuit
first...? Did I try too tough thing as newbie? Or is there a good
entrypoint for developing device driver?

Thank you,
Any tiny advice will be so much helpful...!

Hyeonggon.

* Re: What Device Deriver Developers Do?
@ 2021-05-23 17:28 ` Constantine Shulyupin
From: Constantine Shulyupin @ 2021-05-23 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hyeonggon Yoo; +Cc: kernelnewbies

Welcome to try Linux Driver Template https://github.com/makelinux/ldt

On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 19:59, Hyeonggon Yoo <42.hyeyoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I've read some books (Linux Device Drivers, or Linux Kernel Development)
> OK, So now I know a little bit more about linux internals..
>
> Yeah, I thought I should know about the hardware to develop device driver.
> because I'm interested in hdd and ssd, so I tried to read ATA specification.
> but I don't understand EVERY sentence of that document...
>
> Is there something I'm missing, like I should learn electronic circuit
> first...? Did I try too tough thing as newbie? Or is there a good
> entrypoint for developing device driver?
>
> Thank you,
> Any tiny advice will be so much helpful...!
>
> Hyeonggon.

Constantine Shulyupin

* Re: What Device Deriver Developers Do?
@ 2021-05-25  6:35   ` Hyeonggon Yoo
From: Hyeonggon Yoo @ 2021-05-25  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Constantine Shulyupin; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 08:28:01PM +0300, Constantine Shulyupin wrote:
> Welcome to try Linux Driver Template https://github.com/makelinux/ldt

Thank you for the link! I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Hyeonggon Yoo