* GRUB 2.06 release is nearing
@ 2021-05-10 15:02 Daniel Kiper
From: Daniel Kiper @ 2021-05-10 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel; +Cc: javierm, xnox

Hi all,

The GRUB 2.06 release is nearing. I have just pushed all the fixes
targeted to the release. I am waiting for final versions of XFS and
grub-install fixes. If you think we are still missing important fixes,
beside mentioned above, please drop me a line immediately...

Daniel

* Re: GRUB 2.06 release is nearing
@ 2021-05-25 16:09 ` Daniel Kiper
From: Daniel Kiper @ 2021-05-25 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel; +Cc: javierm, xnox

Hey,

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 05:02:42PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The GRUB 2.06 release is nearing. I have just pushed all the fixes
> targeted to the release. I am waiting for final versions of XFS and
> grub-install fixes. If you think we are still missing important fixes,

Both fixes got my RB and are ready for merging...

> beside mentioned above, please drop me a line immediately...

This is final call! I am waiting for the patches until Thursday,
27th of May 23:59:59 UTC. Everything sent after that date will not be
considered as release material...

All the patches which got my RB will be merged on Friday or Monday.
Then week later or so the GRUB 2.06 will be released.

@ 2021-05-28 15:03   ` Daniel Kiper
From: Daniel Kiper @ 2021-05-28 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel; +Cc: javierm, xnox

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 06:09:46PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 05:02:42PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The GRUB 2.06 release is nearing. I have just pushed all the fixes
> > targeted to the release. I am waiting for final versions of XFS and
> > grub-install fixes. If you think we are still missing important fixes,
>
> Both fixes got my RB and are ready for merging...

I have discovered two issues during merging the patches. Waiting for fixes...

> > beside mentioned above, please drop me a line immediately...
>
> This is final call! I am waiting for the patches until Thursday,
> 27th of May 23:59:59 UTC. Everything sent after that date will not be
> considered as release material...

No more patches will be accepted at this point except XFS, grub-install
and other critical fixes.

> All the patches which got my RB will be merged on Friday or Monday.
> Then week later or so the GRUB 2.06 will be released.

I still hope we will be able to release GRUB 2.06 in second week of June...

@ 2021-06-01 16:36     ` Daniel Kiper
From: Daniel Kiper @ 2021-06-01 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grub-devel; +Cc: javierm, xnox

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 05:03:00PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 06:09:46PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 05:02:42PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > The GRUB 2.06 release is nearing. I have just pushed all the fixes
> > > targeted to the release. I am waiting for final versions of XFS and
> > > grub-install fixes. If you think we are still missing important fixes,
> >
> > Both fixes got my RB and are ready for merging...
>
> I have discovered two issues during merging the patches. Waiting for fixes...
>
> > > beside mentioned above, please drop me a line immediately...
> >
> > This is final call! I am waiting for the patches until Thursday,
> > 27th of May 23:59:59 UTC. Everything sent after that date will not be
> > considered as release material...
>
> No more patches will be accepted at this point except XFS, grub-install
> and other critical fixes.

All fixes and cleanups queued for 2.06 release have been pushed. Please test...

I have posted patches adding MAINTAINERS and SECURITY files to the 2.06
release [1]. We are looking for your comments...

At this point only critical fixes are accepted. If we do not receive any
reports about grave bugs by the end of this week we are going to cut the
GRUB 2.06 release after the weekend...

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2021-06/msg00003.html